Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

failing in school

ems16ems16 Posts: 27 Boards Initiate
edited March 27 in Work & Study
it’s my last year and for my exam results for 5th year I got a c and d, like I know I deserved it because I can never concentrate in class I hate everyone there, they don’t like me for no reason I’ve never even spoke to some of them. I don’t know what I want to do after 6th year nothing interests me and even if something did I know I wouldnt have any qualifications. I just want to be smart but no im just a disappointment, everyone else who I know and is my age seems to know so why can’t I just pick something 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Hey @ems16

It is really really hard when you don’t know what you want to do I know that as I’m in the same situation. I left school after fifth year, did a year at college and was planning on doing another year but I’ve now had to drop out for personal reasons. So at the moment I’m also very lost and don’t really know what to do, I’m currently unemployed and my life isn’t going much of anywhere. I’m telling you this because you’re definitely not alone in being really unsure and lost at this age and this Covid situation with exam results just makes things a lot worse.

But it’s important to know that exams aren’t everything. I know a lot of adults say that after leaving school but I’ve seen so many examples of people doing amazing things with very few qualifications. There are ways and means of getting where you want to go (when you figure that out) even if you’re not very academic. Some people just aren’t and that’s ok, those who are may see you as lazy or just not trying but that’s simply not true. All you can do is try your best and some people just struggle with education.

I see you’re in Scotland (as am I) do you mind me asking if your results were downgraded from what your teachers had predicted for you? If they were they should be upgraded to your predicted grades :) 

I wish you all the best.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    ems16ems16 Posts: 27 Boards Initiate
    Hey @ems16

It is really really hard when you don’t know what you want to do I know that as I’m in the same situation. I left school after fifth year, did a year at college and was planning on doing another year but I’ve now had to drop out for personal reasons. So at the moment I’m also very lost and don’t really know what to do, I’m currently unemployed and my life isn’t going much of anywhere. I’m telling you this because you’re definitely not alone in being really unsure and lost at this age and this Covid situation with exam results just makes things a lot worse.

But it’s important to know that exams aren’t everything. I know a lot of adults say that after leaving school but I’ve seen so many examples of people doing amazing things with very few qualifications. There are ways and means of getting where you want to go (when you figure that out) even if you’re not very academic. Some people just aren’t and that’s ok, those who are may see you as lazy or just not trying but that’s simply not true. All you can do is try your best and some people just struggle with education.

I see you’re in Scotland (as am I) do you mind me asking if your results were downgraded from what your teachers had predicted for you? If they were they should be upgraded to your predicted grades :) 

I wish you all the best.
    thanks for that and nah the results are roughly the same from the teachers predictions