Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can't sleep

Hi Everyone I just wanted to write another thread tonight because I'm getting really fed up because I can never sleep now and not sleeping properly or getting the right amount really affects my mood changes quite quickly I feel like my head is messed up so much now one minute I'm happy and the next minute I'm really down :s I would appreciate if people that have the same problem can give some advice the reason why I'm not sleeping is I have too much on my mind all the time I feel rubbish!!

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited August 2020
    I’ve been struggling with sleep recently too but I think that’s because of my room being ridiculously hot 😆

If you feel like you have too much on your mind, maybe you could try writing down your thoughts into a notepad before bed? That might help to get the thoughts out of your head.

Theres also some great breathing exercises & sleep hypnosis videos on YouTube. I use them often when I’m struggling with my thoughts & feelings. It helps me to focus on the now. They’re cheesy at first but really useful once you get used to them! It’s basically meditation.

I hope that you’re able to get some kip soon. ❤️

• Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I actually think no one really wants me at the mix  :s 
  • Options
  • Options
    What makes you think that @Emoji246 ?

I enjoy seeing you around the boards and it was great to have you in GC tonight! 😁
  • Options
    Liam said:
    What makes you think that @Emoji246 ?

I enjoy seeing you around the boards and it was great to have you in
    GC tonight! 😁

@Liam No one really takes any notice people think i'm invisble on here  :s What have I done 
    :[ I feel like rubbish now it was probably ok when I wasn't on here
  • Options
    You’re definitely not invisible. Sometimes, when the website is particularly busy some of our messages get missed, we’ve all been there. That doesn’t mean that we aren’t wanted here. Just means that your message wasn’t seen 😊

I’d like to think that everyone on the mix is welcomed and appreciated. I definitely enjoy having you around and I’m pretty certain that others feel the same way as I do.

You haven’t done anything wrong at all 😀
  • Options
     @Liam I also reply when it isn't busy:s
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Sucks to hear you feel invisible!

Sometimes especially in chat it can get busy and you may need to repeat yourself it can get busy and everyone tries their best :) 

Circle may be a better place as it's smaller those run on Tuesdays 

It may be helpful to write down what on your mind before bed? In a notebook so you can get them down and say I'll think about them tomorrow.

A nice hot drink can help, some warm milk maybe.

Maybe some relaxing sounds if there's anything you like? :)

And if you really can't sleep rather try and get frustrated you could maybe watch something or do a wordsearch etc instead to calm down 💖

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    @Laine ThankYou for the reply I appreciate it <3