Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Would it be rude to not pick up?

StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Just a kinda silly question aha
Right so basically, everyone knows it’s alevel results day today, and due to the situation my school have sent out everyone’s results via email which was super easy and we got them just after 8 this morning so no waiting around which was nice. The thing is since it was all through email, SLT (senior leadership team) want to ring us to discuss grades and our future plans. Only thing is I’m year 12, I was the only one in my year to do an aslevel and therefore the only year 12 getting any results. And since I’m year 12 I will be going back to my sixth form after summer therefore that is my future plans. To add to this I hate phone calls and they kinda scare me especially if I don’t know who’s calling and it’s not properly arranged so I can prepare. So what do people think? Would in be rude to not pick up or not? 
“I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
Post edited by JustV on
Tagged:

Comments

• MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 617 Incredible Poster

Hey there,

Hope you are happy with your results!

Did they say when they may be calling e.g. today or some other time? I hate phone calls too so I can empathise with you there. I don’t think it would be rude to not pick up though. Is there another way you can discuss things, perhaps over email or wait until you go back to school? If not, then you might find it helpful to think of things you might be asked or talk about and try thinking of answers ahead of time.

Since you are in year 12, they may prioritise those in year 13 who are also finding out about whether they have a place at university, and since you’ll be going back to school to complete you’re a-levels, there may not be much of a discussion other than whether you are happy with your results/whether you need to re-sit exams or coursework etc.

Hope this helps a bit and feel free to let us know how things go!

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Thank you @Maisy I’m very happy with what I’ve got I couldn’t have done any better really. They haven’t called yet so I’m guessing they’re aren’t going to call at all now. I’m not finishing the as level as my sixth form don’t run the full course so it’s out of the way now and doesn’t really go towards much so I’m really not bothered about them ringing me at all. I think if they don’t get in touch with me I’ll just leave it until I’m back in September and see what happens. What you said kinda put my mind at rest thank you.

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Given that its for A Levels, they might only contact the Y13s as they are leaving. Having said that, you know that they are going to contact you, and it's for your grades and future (which are very important!), so I think you should defo take that call. You might not like it, but it's the right thing to do!x 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Thanks @Azziman I definitely understand that but personally I don’t see it as majorly important based on the circumstances which I won’t go into, they never rang yesterday so I doubt they will ring now, my school have been rubbish with contact. The only reason I knew how we were getting results was through social media and the amount of times they’ve said they are going to call is ridiculous to say they never called me. But I get it I’m only year 12 so will be going back in September and I’m not as important as I’m not off to uni yet so it’s fine. Thanks for the reply!!