Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help

2»

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Good luck with your meeting Shaunie, I really hope it goes well. It’s good that universal credit are helping you out with it x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey Shaunie

I’m really sorry to hear you are feeling so shit. How did the capability meeting go today? You’re right, reasonable adjustments are a right of employment and glad To hear that universal credit are helping with it. 

Have you spoken to your family about what happened last week? Hope it’s helping to talk to us here too. I know I’ve said it before but we really value you here, you just consistently support everyone else. I hope at some point you will be able to extend some of the kindness and compassion you have for others to yourself. 💜

Sending hugs
    Lucy 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Heya shaunie, sorry to hear that :/ idk much about how does it works your meeting, but I hope that everything can occur well, good luck!!! 
    everything always goes ^^
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2020
    Heya

it went okay. She wasn’t rude. Probably because a supervisor was in the back ground writing everything that was being said. She asked me al about my mental health which I wasn’t expecting.  Like my diagnosis and how they affect me generally and hope I feel now and what I’ve been doing as a result of that. It took. Over an hour:///. But yeah don’t think I’m going to lose my job anyway. She said need to be referred to HR to get out come. 

But most likely going to receive a call from occupational health
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Being prescribed some diazepam 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    AriannaArianna Posts: 77 Budding Regular
    Glad it went okay! How’re you doing today?x
  • Options
    Like shit. But yesterday I was calm with diazepam. Told me to take two everyday but I want to save them up lol. Not to overdose but for worser  days. I’ve been fast traced to the mental health team to get put on mood stabilisers as GP can’t do thag
  • Options
    joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Sorry to year that, i hope things better soon honey. You deserve the best! Please, take your meds with caution, ok?
    everything always goes ^^
  • Options
    MilsyRoseMilsyRose Posts: 198 Trailblazer
    Hello Shaunie, lovely. Are you feeling any better? x
  • Options
    Thanks @joya and @MilsyRose <3
    ive got a online group with the BPD Next week
  • Options
    MilsyRoseMilsyRose Posts: 198 Trailblazer
    Shaunie said:
    Thanks @joya and @MilsyRose <3
    ive got a online group with the BPD Next week
    That is great! I hope that it goes well for you. <3
  • Options
    Thank you. The group is tomorrow at 6 which bit late but yeah
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Thank you. The group is tomorrow at 6 which bit late but yeah
    Lasting until 7:30. On break. Feels weird ahh
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    How is it going @Shaunie? <3 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Heya thanks! it went okay! Lasted for ages it felt ah. I didn’t say that must. Didn’t even wanna introduce myself at the start cause was too scared lol but didn’t speak eventually. Basically it’s just the first two are to see if you want to carry on with the group. And if so. It‘S DBT for 20 weeks which yeah that’s quite good and can choose if want it or not. I mean I do. But I don’t like the video calls. I’d rather face to face so i don’t know 
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey Shaunie, glad to hear it went ok altho understand video calls can be uncomfortable. Do you reckon you’ll carry on with it? Were the other people on the call nice?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend