Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you grateful of today?

Comments

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Ice cold drinks! Nothing better on such a hot day. :sweat:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Heard a knock on the front door, 

Opened it to see a hot chocolate, chicken nuggets and Fries from McDonald's with a note from my friend basically saying sorry she's busy but here's lunch! 😂

So sweet of her 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The staff at the train station. One of them came up to me and asked if I was ok and then gave me some cold bottles of water when I said I'd already been sat here half hour and still got an hour to wait. 
    Honestly kindness goes a long wau
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Wow that is a long time but a lovely thing for the staff to do.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Laine said:
    Heard a knock on the front door, 

Opened it to see a hot chocolate, chicken nuggets and Fries from McDonald's with a note from my friend basically saying sorry she's busy but here's lunch! 😂

So sweet of her 💕
    Awwww. She could be my friend anytime. ;)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    The kindness of strangers. We found an abandoned kitten under our garden furniture last night and took it in. So many people in our local area have offered advice and assistance on FB. The little guy is headed off to a rescue centre this evening!
    Awww that is so cute 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Having my bed next to the window 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    My teacher believing in my capability and the government not bringing my grade down
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
    Sleep. I actually managed to sort of get a decent night of sleep. 
    And I like the fact that Big Bang Theory is on because it means I can watch something that I like.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Someone's just went and bought my WHOLE wishlist and I don't know who but I'm crying 😭😭😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • AlexAlex Posts: 41 Boards Initiate
    Orange twirls. Lol! :P 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    second chances :)
    third chances - oops :lol:
    having own little party getting drunk lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    having own little party getting drunk lol
    Lol I knew I posted it somewhere. Found it haha
    Woman’s face razors!
    my face feels so smooth <3
    Having friends who support me in times I need them most. Like currently
    Friends :smiley: Im alone this weekend so been wee bit lonely but its been good to have my pals to chit chat to :heart:
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Liam @Laine @Aidan @Anch0r33 @GreenTea For playing Among Us and making my evenings so much better ❤️
    Alis propriis volat 
    Sleep. I was exhausted yesterday after a blood test, school and gymnastics.
    Woke up to a knock at the door (I say knock, more like a kicking of the door) only to see my friend who lives down the road, with my fav Starbucks coffee in her hand. She felt I deserved a treat because I've had such a rough well. 
    Can't wait to go round later for some down time!
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I'm grateful for everyone on here... And my bed. It's really had my back recently. 

(Jeez that really should've went in the joke thread @Aidan)

(_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    I am grateful for @Anch0r33
    Happy days! :smiley:
    and kitkats
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    My carer for taking me shopping 
    My little group of friends that don't give up on me. Even when I get moody and pissy about things!
    edited December 2020
    Soppy but i'm so grateful for my pals. We've always got each others backs and it's so comforting to know that they're there for me, even if i don't want to talk about it.. knowing that i can if i want to and that they're there for me always is a big relief 

I received some pretty bad news today and i wouldn't have coped half as well as i have done if it wasn't for my buds being there to cheer me up and to take my mind off of things.

We're all so different yet we get on so well. I dunno where i'd be without them honestly.