Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Young people fighting to end racism

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
edited June 2023 in Politics & Debate
The Mix's media crew recently went to a Black Lives Matter protest, over at Westminster. They captured some of the proesting and spoke to some of the young protestors to hear what they had to say.

Here's what happened. :) 

Have you been to any protests? If so, what was your experience?
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The protest in my city had to be relocated last minute because EDL showed up. The turn out was good, there were speech's from multiple people who gave an insight in some of the equalities they have faced, so was a real eye opener. 
    It was also nice to see different generations involved. I noticed many young people but also the older generation including elderly at the protest. 
    It was a protest that needed to happen and I do hope change is coming from jt
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    edited August 2020
    That is a great video so well done media team. I hope that there was adequate social distancing to keep everyone safe. 

I have never been to a protest although I was close to going to one at one point last year. Me and some other students were going to make a petition for the older students (year 9 and above) to be allowed the day off to go to a protest. I think that it was a climate change protest. But we ended up not doing it because of it being unlikely that we would get permission and it would be a bad idea for basically half the school to walk out.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous