Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

<3 ~ Introduction ~ <3

MilsyRoseMilsyRose Posts: 198 Trailblazer
Hiya dears,

I probably should have introduced myself sooner but hello, my name is Amelia but you are more than welcome to shorten that down to Milsy. You may see me in the group chats often - I am here if you need someone to speak to, you may also see me sharing problems of my own. My favourite singers are Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, Melanie Martinez, and Justin Bieber. I love the colour blue. When I am out of education, I am hoping to be able to explore places in the world such as Africa and Australia and work with the animals over there - I am going to college and doing a course in Animal Management next month which sounds great!

■▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬■

Some things that I'd like you all to know are...

➤ I have been through some things in life that aren't the best myself but I want you guys to remain positive and fight through this with me, remember that things might not be better tomorrow, next week or next month but they will get better eventually; it takes time and patience, alongside lots of support. 

➤ Be true to yourselves and just remember how amazing that you all are. Such joyful surprises were born onto this earth, serving a purpose - everyone deserves to be here and is most certainly loved by numerous people whether that is your friends, family, or carers.

➤ If you've done something that you regret, don't dwell on it when you can be learning from your mistakes instead.

➤ Be your own kind of person, there is only one of you and people who are one of their kind are the true definition of beautiful - especially when people can be who they are and have pride in themself, showing a glowing smile on their face. Who needs makeup when you can have a smile?

➤ Do the unstoppable, don't let your past haunt you or the demons inside weigh you down. You live one life so make it your best because there won't be another one after. Put yourself out there, do what you enjoy and live your dreams, don't let anyone or anything stop you!

➤ Keep your head held high, walking along with a low head won't allow you to move on because you can't see what you have ahead of you. There is light at the end of every dark tunnel, just some take a longer journey to go down than others.

■▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬■

Please remember to never push yourself to speak to someone about your problems, although there are people there for you and people who love you, take as long as you need to open up if you would like to do so. You don't need to do anything that makes you uncomfortable. Everything will work out for everyone in the end and everyone at The Mix will be here by your side to help you to get through whatever troubles you may have encountered. Have faith, have hope and remember that if you're going through a difficult stage now, it isn't irreversible and it won't go on forever.

I hope that you have a lovely 2020 and for those who are going to school, college or even university next month, you're going to smash it and do great! <3

Comments

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the community @MilsyRose! It's lovely to have you here ❤️

Thank you so much for you advice, it's such a positive thing that I know will really help someone through their day! 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • MilsyRoseMilsyRose Posts: 198 Trailblazer
    Eleanor said:
    Welcome to the community @MilsyRose! It's lovely to have you here ❤️

Thank you so much for you advice, it's such a positive thing that I know will really help someone through their day! 
    Thank you so much! It is lovely to meet you! I'll always be here to try my best to help someone through their day when they need it. :)
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Heyy @MilsyRose and welcome to the mix!! I’m really glad you’ve found us here and it’s really nice to meet you.

I love this post, you share some excellent advice here. So thank you for sharing that <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Heyy @MilsyRose and welcome to the mix!! I’m really glad you’ve found us here and it’s really nice to meet you.

I love this post, you share some excellent advice here. So thank you for sharing that <3
    Hello Independent, thank you very much for the welcome. It is great to meet you also! Don't thank me for it, just trying to give people a little boost.  <3
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    edited August 2020
    MilsyRose said:

Hello Independent, thank you very much for the welcome. It is great to meet you also! Don't thank me for it, just trying to give people a little boost.  <3
    @MilsyRose You might know me from group chat as Elle, it’s been great seeing you in there too!. GC is always fun!!

That’s very sweet of you, your post was lovely to read.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    MilsyRose said:

@MilsyRose You might know me from group chat as Elle, it’s been great seeing you in there too!. GC is always fun!!

That’s very sweet of you, your post was lovely to read.
    Thank you so much!! I appreciate it. I hope to be able to speak to you some more. <3
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey @MilsyRose. Welcome

lovely intro. I hope you’re enjoying the mix so far!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Hey @MilsyRose. Welcome

lovely intro. I hope you’re enjoying the mix so far!
    Thank you very much, Shaunie! It has been an absolute pleasure to speak to some of you all. <3
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Thank you. @Azziman