Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Quote a day thread ♥️

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    "No amount of money ever bought a second of time."
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    No war in anger was ever won.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Making some quote cards.. Also found Harry Potter washi tape 😍

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Stop imagining fake scenarios and hurting your own feelings
    "I'm stronger than I've ever been. I'm stronger than a bin."

Me and my friend made up that quote yesterday at school after I won a wrestling match against a bin because my pizza box was determined to not fit into the bin but crushing it would be boring. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    "Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first." ~Frederick B Wilcox   
    "Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell." ~Joan Crawford
    I won't let them break me down to dust. I know that there's a place for us. For we are glorious. When the sharpest words wanna cut me down. I'm gonna send a flood gonna drown them out. I am brave. I am bruised. I am who I'm meant to be. This is me.

This song feels like such an anthem to people like me who might feel like they don't fit into the world or into anything. 💘❤💓💕💖💗💙💚💛💜💝💞💟❣💌
    A delivery a day keeps the sadness away lol
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl

“I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
    if you have the strength to sustain anorexia you have the strength to overcome it”
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    You're under no obligation to be the person you were five minutes ago.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    As there hasn't been one since 2018 I thought I would add a quote. 
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular

but there was nothing I could do to dim the supernovae exploding inside my brain, an endless chain of intra cranial firecrackers
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited August 2020

If you are having a good day, be considerate. A simple smile could be the first-aid kit that someone has been looking for. If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can – do more.

Not necessarily a quote but a verse in a good poem 😄

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Liam What poem is that from? 😊
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited August 2020
    @Eleanor

Instructions for a bad day - Shane Koyczan 

https://youtu.be/lACwPFqxmzY

He’s brilliant, have been tweeting wee bits from his poems over the past few days.

I also like his poems :  tomatoes & how to be a person. They’re nice to listen to but I find I take in the words much more when reading his poems instead.
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Thank you so much @Liam! I might take a look at a few of his works, I love coming across a new poet! 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Best Positive Thinking Quotes  Planet Detective

Sometimes I'm not angry. I'm hurt. There's a big difference
    The one that goes like. Those that care don’t matter those that don’t matter. Don’t think it’s like that but it means why care about someone’s opinion who doesn’t give a shit about you. 

My goal in life is to stop caring about what everyone thinks about me
     not everyone will like me. and should be totally fine about that. Although tbh there’s nothing to not like tbh. I’m pretty boring and don’t say much. (Talking about irl