Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My partners mental heath

cerysb378cerysb378 Posts: 1 Just got here
edited August 2020 in Sex & Relationships
Hi everyone my name is cerys an I would like to get some views on what I'm about to tell you 
My boyfriend thinks I am possessed by the devil an he thinks it's my great grandmother I do not know why he thinks it but he burns incense sticks around the home an looks up all stuff about it an screams at me saying get out of my girlfriend saying stuff happens in his home an stuff I'm not sure if he is suffering from mental health?

mod edit: moved from Introduce Yourself
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Welcome! :)

Yeah that's not normal at all - he definitely needs to see someone about this. This doesn't sound a healthy relationship at all, and maybe you might reconsider staying in a relationship if this is how you're treated. Speak to him about getting help - if he refuses, then I'd consider leaving - you really don't need to be sacrificing your daily wellbeing for this x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    MilsyRoseMilsyRose Posts: 198 Trailblazer
    Hello Cerys,

This seems like such a tough position for you to be in and it does sound like you're concerned about his behaviour. Although it may not be an illness, there are also chances that it could be so I really would recommend speaking to a GP or if things get really bad where you don't feel safe or feel as if he isn't safe then you can always call 999. It must be quite unpleasant and scary for you. We don't want you to feel unhappy or have pressure on your shoulders to try and help him, that is down to professionals if he needs it. If he doesn't want to see anyone then that is his choice but sometimes these problems become more difficult and bigger later on if it is an untreated illness so it is always better to seek some support. 

I hope that things get better for both of you and I hope that you both stay safe. :)