Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Suggest makeup looks?

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    How long does it usually take for people to do their everyday make up ?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Any advice on make up brushes? 

What sort of advice? They're all the same in my opinion. Brought branded ones and none branded ones/any cheap ones and i cant tell the difference. But yeah that's probably cause i do it shit lol
    Loooooool same here, I'll show show you yesterday's disaster eyeshadow lool

Im looking for a set with enough bristles that are also soft. But most importantly affordable! 
    I like spectrum brushes best but for a more affordable brush then morphe is good 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Shaunie said:
    Idk it varies for me because depends how extra I wanna go lol! If I’m doing a very basic look would take maybe 15 mins... if I do any more then maybe half an hour haha. 
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    edited June 2020
    Shaunie said:

What sort of advice? They're all the same in my opinion. Brought branded ones and none branded ones/any cheap ones and i cant tell the difference. But yeah that's probably cause i do it shit lol

Im looking for a set with enough bristles that are also soft. But most importantly affordable! 
    I like spectrum brushes best but for a more affordable brush then morphe is good 
    @Jellyelephant I might get them when I'm more serious about make up because they're expensive 😭
    edited June 2020
    Shaunie said:
    @Shaunie Oooo I've never timed myself before. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say 15 to 25 minutes because it doesnt matter what I do, I alway end up looking extra lol
    Shaunie said:

@Jellyelephant I might get them when I'm more serious about make up because they're expensive 😭
    Tbh if you’re not an MUA I think most brushes are ok :) 
    Ah my make up takes 15-20 mins
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    A few recents
    A few recents
    Love it!
    @Shaunie thanks xxx
    A few recents
     Bebe gurl, yaaaasss😍
    I need to change my make up. I want to over line my lips but with a light colour. Apparently dark colours make your lips look smaller.  How can I over line when it’sa light colour though?
    Hard to see on photo but did a purple smokeyyyy today for fun lol I was bored

@Jellyelephant my eyes have truely been blessed. Why art though so beautiful jelly😍

I will climb the highest mountain 4 u beb 😏❤️
    https://47skin.com/products/anti-blemish-scar-repair-serum-30ml

I want to try this but it's a bit pricey per ml 

Are you wanting it for scars or skin problems? I wouldn’t waste your money tbh. I looked at the ingredients and it’s mostly just moisturisers/emollient and things to bind it. It has silver in however you can get that In cheaper products. If you are looking to improve scarring then massage is the thing that has shown to help and I’d suggest massaging a simple moisturiser into them and perhaps using silicone sheets. 
    Sugar plum fairy lol

Jellyelephant said:

Are you wanting it for scars or skin problems? I wouldn’t waste your money tbh. I looked at the ingredients and it’s mostly just moisturisers/emollient and things to bind it. It has silver in however you can get that In cheaper products. If you are looking to improve scarring then massage is the thing that has shown to help and I’d suggest massaging a simple moisturiser into them and perhaps using silicone sheets. 
    Hey thanks for explaining, I had absolutely no idea that this was the case lol, what would you recommend? I'm looking for something to help with the scaring from the pimples @Jellyelephant
    @Salix_alba_2019 what kind of scars are they? Are they like pitted acne scars or more like raised keloid scars or just discolouration? X
    Every morning I’m like oh yeah I’m gunna show you all how cool my make up is today

until I go on tiktok and just wonder what it looks like inverted. Then I’m ew fuck me im actually  discombobulated 
    Heyyyy Sorry for the late replies

@Jellyelephant they're the flat ones and I think the dimpling might be my huge pores lol

@Shaunie you'll be surprised just how common asymmetrical features are from our head to our toes, it's very normal ;)
    edited August 2020
    Has anyone used an eyebrow pen that makes three lines? Is it any good?
    Heya

i really want pink eyeshadow but not bright pink. Does anyone know any good ones that are nice? 
    Anyone got black hair and blue eyes and know what colour eye shadow goes with it?
  • summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    Shaunie wrote: »
    It’s funny cause I’m so suicidal right now but I’m literally busy putting make up on trying to update my picture incase I kill myself I want my social media to be slightly updated and hate my profile now loll

Anyway does this look weird
    fk8mwh7qris1.jpeg

looks pretty. i am so eager to kill myself if i am honest but your stunning hun
  • KHI1886kKHI1886k Deactivated Posts: 136 The Mix Convert
    Hate everything about this photo but my eyeshadow was okay today so we can look past everything else  😊🙌

You're so pretty your eyes are everything! and soo good <3
  • KHI1886kKHI1886k Deactivated Posts: 136 The Mix Convert
    I would suggest this look If anyone want to try This <3afj5sg2iae74.jpg
    I love doing that one!
    edited February 2022
    If you use tiktok. If go on tiktok shops they do real technics brushes and hula bronzer really cheap and other make up
    @Jellyelephant have you been doing any creative eye make up recently? I wanna do like that sunset colours you did
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Ooh I like that makeup look Shaunie
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.