Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Spending more time with friends at the moment and its been really great
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
     I might make myself a new list of goals to keep myself busy. Perhaps some academic stuff to prevent my brain from turning to mush.  I definitely want to apply for a MSc next year so in the meantime, I've shortlisted some universities. I do believe that I'm more capable than I give myself credit for, I just have a really bad habit of getting distracted and rushing, which means making silly mistakes. I also need to get into the habit of asking for help when I need it. It's one of my biggest downfalls but I'm working on it. Here's to bigger and better things!

Feeling hopeful
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    @Salix_alba_2019   You can do it! 
    Have you tried making lists? they can help prevent rushing and getting distracted :) Lists and lo-fi was how I got through uni 

Good Luck! 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    edited August 2020
    Eyepatch said:
    @Salix_alba_2019   You can do it! 
    Have you tried making lists? they can help prevent rushing and getting distracted :) Lists and lo-fi was how I got through uni 

Good Luck! 
    same here! Listening to Lo-fi helped me during my dissertation :) 

I just need help sticking to them lol
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Rechecked my exam grades yesterday just out of curiosity and turns out they had been upped to Distinction :star: , Distinction :star: ... I’m in speechless I never expected to do so well :scream:
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2020
    The whole house feels like my wax melt even tho is in one room!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Feeling very child and relaxed. 

Even though I didn't get the support I really needed I did a rain visualisation excersise during SC. I feel mor regulated than earlier and I hope it stays this way. I'm unsure of what to watch, maybe se something that isn't too long seeing as it's quite late. 
    Another baby girllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm aunttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,780 Master Poster
    Awwwwww. Congratulations.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    My certificate came in the post today!!!

It's official, I have a degree in in Biomolecular Science BSc (Hons) now I'm off to celebrate ❤️
    edited September 2020
    When realise one of your fav Verified  tiktokers lives in Peterborough too
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Just went to order a textbook off amazon and realised I had a gift card on there that if forgotten about so I didn’t have to pay for it 🙌🏻🙌🏻
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,780 Master Poster

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Kasa2103 said:

Yayy!!!
    I bought a sparkly item of clothing today and it makes me smile just looking at it 😊

I feel confident in my own body today

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    edited October 2020
    @Shaunie Woooo! That's amazing!!! :) 

You look lovely :)
    Alis propriis volat 
    @Aidan I'm intrigued, what is it? :) 
    Alis propriis volat 
    Made it to fucking Friday.
    @Aidan Oooo exciting! So how you going to do it? Is it like an apprenticeship or you going to do something else?  
    Alis propriis volat 
    Had less than 2 incidents all week. Best it's been in a while.
    Thank you @Eleanor <3
    @Aidan Sounds like a great plan! I'm excited for you :)
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    woo, good luck @Aidan let us know how it all goes
    Seeing a friend Tomorrow for coffee. She understands how badly I'm struggling and is trying to support me
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Slowly getting stuff organized to get on a route to a job. Can't stand sitting around so will be good when I do 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Hit a personal best by squatting 75kg (I'm about 50kg for perspective) which falls between the bronze and silver category for my commonwealth games training plan. (I fight u48s but sit about 50kg when I'm not competing)

(_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    henchhhh @Anch0r33 fair play pal
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Got moved off tills on to a department at work 🙌🏻
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    You know what's nice, seeing people smile.

Today I called up the guy I was talking to and although the conversation was brief, I couldn't help but notice the great big grin on his face. When we're in each other's company it's like all the worries and sadness goes away.

Maybe that's my gift, making people happy whilst feeling accepted :)