Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    edited August 2020
    So it's been 3 and a half weeks and I have finally washed my hair, it was getting so gross ugh. Took me over an hour to deal with the matted hair...which was a mess...
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Taking diazepam for the first time and not sure if I should take it today as going to work and could make me very tired?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Oh @Jellyelephant I’m so sorry sending you so much love 💜
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Sending out hugs to those who need them <3 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    edited August 2020
    should not have looked at facebook today. It's results day up here and honestly seeing all the people I knew from school posting about their amazing achievements was really hard for me to read when I'm sitting here with no plan for life at all atm cause im struggling so much... I mean like im proud of them all obviously they've all done so well for themselves and they deserve it so much but it reinforces the thought in my head that i can never get anywhere in life despite what i do
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Been looking at the mental health side of social media. Imo it’s all a bit toxic. Even just ones that don’t say triggering stuff. tbh. Cause people post about their mental health. Get likes and followers for their mental health. Isn’t that just feeding it? I might be missing something i don’t know but how can get better like that. I don’t know. Confused. Cause if they end up feeling like they don’t need that account anymore for that use anymore then the people who was following them won’t be as interested so they may fee have to most mental health related stuff. I’m confused but yeah each to their own. I’d never post how I feel on social media or make mental health account. And this is not about anyone on here this is just a general view after seeing tiktoks mental health side and then just viewing all social media
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited August 2020
    I hate to say it but some people don’t want to get better. Wheather they know it or now. It’s not their fault actually apart of MH. I just can’t be around those people. 

Obviously No one on here. I just need to stop looking at the mental health side of social media
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited August 2020
    Feeling really overwhelmed
  • joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    sending huge hugs to all <3
    everything always goes ^^
  • MilsyRoseMilsyRose Posts: 198 Trailblazer
    Can I have a hug? :heart:

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    I am so sorry @pandalover200 😢
  • AriannaArianna Posts: 77 Budding Regular
    @pandalover200 Sending huge hugs. I’m so sorry. x