Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

COVID-19 hugs/ranty thread.

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Also getting frustrated with how people are treating others in general with covid. If someone wants to go to the pub. Let them, it's open. If someone wants to go to the zoo, that's fine too. Sick and tired of seeing so much hate and abuse on social media. just because people are doing things others aren't yet comfortable with, will never make it right to send hate and abuse towards them 🤦‍♀️ honestly so close to giving up on social media lately
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I've been hit with a huge wave of tiredness. Walking hasn't helped. I thought it might have been due to inactivity but I don't think it is. 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    People don’t get “face covering” don’t mean just masks. If can’t wear one. Wear a face visor might look stupid but this is global pandemic. And ugh it was so annoying just to see how many people wasn’t wearing one. Was fed up of work today. Some blately just couldn’t be bothered 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    GreenTea said:
    Getting sick and tired of being shouted at, verbally attacked and moaned at for not always wearing a mask. Its so Fucking hard to wear one, it's like some people just don't give a shit about the fact others have illnesses/ truama related around masks. Like last night I went to co op and I tried to wear a mask but I just massively panicked and took it off. The worker could see I was in distress but a member of the public called me stupid.
    I have asthma and massive anxiety. Having something over my face makes me feel so anxious and Im trying so Fucking hard to wear a mask for the sake of others people, but it's not Fucking easy and made harder by verbal abuse.

This isn't a rant about anyone here, just to clarify. It's a rant because I can't even walk down the high street without being tutted at..or a couple of days ago, some guy was taking photos of all those without a mask on and it was horrible and uncomfortable.
    I literally don't ever want to go to a shop again or get the train to my friends

Anxiety, panic and breathing issues

If wearing a mask makes you feel panicky or like it's harder to breathe:

• Get some fresh air outside before and after you wear your mask.
    • Do something to relax you before and after you wear a mask. For example, you might do a short breathing exercise. (We have some tips on relaxation exercises).
    • Choose a face covering that hangs down your neck, rather than fitting around your jaw. This type of covering is called a 'neck gaiter'. It might feel more breezy.
    • Keep your body as cool as possible. For example, by wearing loose-fitting clothes or sitting by an open window on the bus.
    • Add a comforting scent to your mask. This might be a few drops of lavender oil, your own perfume or aftershave, or a smell that reminds you of someone else.
    • Reduce the time you spend having to wear your mask. For example, by planning your shopping in advance to help you keep browsing time down in shops.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Forgot to tag @GreenTea
    I've already seen that and it wasn't very helpful, but thank you anyway
    GreenTea said:
    Oh you also have to remember people get anxiety seeing people without one so that’s why people might look ect 
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Oh you also have to remember people get anxiety seeing people without one so that’s why people might look ect 

I know. But people need to understand that there are exemptions and that's it's not ok to verbally attack anyone
    edited July 2020
    I’m really self conscious of my face not being symmetrical after doing the inverted filter on tiktok yesterday. :(my nose and mouth are wonky and horrible but going to work today and atleast the face mask will cover half of my face and I can look as miserable as I want
    So angry.

Apple stores are turning people away if they do not mask their babies. 
    My friend was refused entry because she would not mask her 11 month old.
    Another parent with a new born was told to mask the baby to enter 
    They so know mask can suffocate a baby right??? 
    So angry. 
    Don’t you just feel like you’re wasting face masks when you just walk in an empty shops for a few mins
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    I keep waking up so grogggyy
  • CalebCaleb Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
    had a call from track and trace saying ive been around someone whos tested positive. Been told to self isolate for 14 days and if i have any symptoms to order a test from the NHS website.
    Can't afford to be off work and i handed my notice into my landlord at the end of last month so now i will only have 2 weeks to move all of my furniture into a lock up. :angry:
    For the whole time since lockdown I had no real time out from the house or family. Like both at the same time. The best is being in the house alone or being out with family. I feel like there is no space for me or space for me to recover from the stress.
    GreenTea said:
    So angry.

So angry. 
    Thats so bad trying to create a health hazard 
    I hope they have had time to rethink things :0
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    GreenTea said:
    So angry.

So angry. 
    Excuse my French but that is utterly fucked up. They claim that they care about the safety of their staff and customers and yet they make a rule that could suffocate babies. It is recommended that people under 3 do not wear masks due to risk of suffocation and under 11's are exempt in most places. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    tkdog said:
    GreenTea said:
    So angry.

So angry. 
    Thats so bad trying to create a health hazard 
    I hope they have had time to rethink things :0

Yh it's so bad. I think it was reported somewhere because lots of people had complained and sent them government guidelines
    Good idea that it got reported. Something needs to be done about that situation.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Nothing is annoying me more than people going on holiday then whining because they have to self isolate when they get back because the country got added to the list.. have we not learnt to just not go on holiday this year? Like you've seen counties get added and still go on holiday knowing it's possible to happen, they you moan because you have to isolate?? 

One of my friends is supposed to be going on holiday to a country on the quarantine list. Either she will have to not go or she will have to self isolate (which I think would mean missing the first couple of days of school opening again as I think she gets back near the end of August.)
    I was told by work that if I go abroad and can't start work on 1st of September, I will not be paid for those days im not in if it's self isolation from being abroad. Which should be the way for all jobs and schools should fine children for it. 
    If you know it's happening why go on holiday?
    All of this pandemic stuff is seriously  bringing me down alongside my friend abandoning me which was also related semi to the pandemic.
    I also am like why are ppl still like visting and having big gatherings. I guess they can but i dun like how ppl still expect that i would go. Transport is still messed up. And the face mask I have makes me feel very ill even after wearing i cant breathe and it hurts my ears. Might need another idk. Ihave breathing issues so technically exempt at least theoretically but i think ppl will just shout and be like why arent u wearing anything, i guess i could wear a badge or whatever but yeah.

It feels like the day has whizzed past. I noticed that the leaves on the trees had fallen off and it dawned to me that autumn was just around the corner. This time of the year always reminds me of when my dad passed away so I need to try to make new associations.

I managed to cross somethings off my list today which was good. I need to remember to send the email and bits of life admin. 

In short, it's been chilled day I might even pop out for a walk tomorrow if the weather good. 

Went to the park today and they have physically removed parts of the park to social distance. Felt so weird
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    New rules announced in Scotland today. I’m scared. Another full lockdown will make things 10 x worse for me :( 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    It's just a case of getting by today. I can think of a few things in my mind, it's probably loneliness compiled with a few things. I feel calm and numb at the same time like I'm just floating. 

I know that when the date comes I be left feeling hollow. I know it's impossible for somone to return after passing, I just never stop wishing. I had a moment where I tripped over a slipper and it reminded me of when I would always trip over my dad's slippers and it made me smile. 

TW:s*****

There's a part of me that wants to come off my medication to just let things be. The feeling is different this time, I don't  want to talk about It, I just want to dissappear for a bit.  

edited September 2020
    I’m confused apparently staff can’t tell people to wear the face mask properly while they’re in store. Yet recently wet got told when can tell them when they’re in store. Like tell them to cover their nose aswell
     but heard staff can’t do that. Proper confused on whether I do or not
    I want a COVID test but I'm scared of the thing going up my nose lol. I'm curious to know whether I have the antibodies or not, if I did I would be so surprised as I have no recollection of falling ill 😳
    Finally staff in shops have to wear face masks. About time too
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Finally staff in shops have to wear face masks. About time too
    Finally 🙌🏻 I’ve been practically the only one wearing one since we went back in June 🙄
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.