Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The “last movie you watched” thread

Comments

• TiredSquirrelTiredSquirrel Posts: 30 Boards Initiate
    Watched Rocketman again recently for the 10th time! Such a good film about an icon. Love the musical element in it as well.
  • ToniToni Deactivated Posts: 67 Boards Initiate
    The King. 

It was good! 
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Finally got around to watching the new Charlie's Angels movie and was... disappointed to say the least :/ but at least it came through with the Kristen Stewart content <3
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Finally got around to watching the new Charlie's Angels movie and was... disappointed to say the least :/ but at least it came through with the Kristen Stewart content <3

Aw I want to watch that but not sure
    GreenTea said:

Aw I want to watch that but not sure
    I'd definitely give it a go but personally, I found myself skipping through a lot of it :/
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Withnail & I
    Weekender Offender 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    @mike I’ve just started watching it and it definitely hits home about a few things 😬 so so powerful 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Oohh what films this @Millie2787 & @Mike
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @Shaunie it’s called Dating amber :) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Frozen 2
    So dramatic and I can't cope with the stress of the Olaf situation 😂😂
  • ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    Rewatched Parasite during holiday, 100% enjoy that movie
    Connor said:
    Rewatched Parasite during holiday, 100% enjoy that movie

Would you recommend it?
    Been looking for new films
  • ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    edited July 2020
    It's a subtitled movie, so if you can enjoy subtitled movies i'd definitely recommend it. There's a really detailed social class dynamic throughout the film, and I do enjoy me some good old class commentary.

It's definitely a suspensful and sometimes unsettling watch. If you're in the right headspace for something like that, i'd definitely say it's worth it :) I enjoy a lot of movies by Bong Joon Ho anyway. Memories of Murder is my favourite of his I think.
    Introduced my boyfriend to Candyman and the Wrong Turn series this weekend :#
  • EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    Spiderman: Far from Home.

Just finished watching all the MCU films in order. Love them 3000 😂
    For anyone who has Amazon Prime video I really would recommend watching Pride . It’s a True story based when the miners strike happened where Miners and a group of LGBT individuals from an unlikely partnership . It’s hard hitting at points but so so powerful 
    IT second one
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Had a trip down memory lane with Michael on Netflix. I remember it being one of the nine tapes my nana had XD 
    Wild child
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Earlier I watched a bit of Cats The Musical
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    I watched Moana a few nights ago. One of my favourite films :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Stephanie said:
    I watched Moana a few nights ago. One of my favourite films :heart:
    See the line where the sky meets the sea.  It calls me. And no one knows how far it goes. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Freaky Friday (2003)
    The parent trap (1998)
    Look who's talking now
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Lovebirds 

it’s on Netflix and rly funny - would recommend 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    The bee movie 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited August 2020
    Babyteeth. Brilliant art house movie about a young girl who falls in love with a drug dealer, and her complicated relationship with him, her family, and the way she decides to live her life. Well worth a watch, but bring tissues because it gets very emotional and intense. Wonderfully authentic, too. Should probably also give a content warning for themes of terminal illness.

As a side note, this was my first trip to the cinema since COVID, and have to say it was way less scary than I thought (only 2 others in the screen). It felt good to be in my happy place again. :) 
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I haven't watched a movie in a while honestly but I did just listen to my Dad watching Howl's Moving Castle in the other room, does that count? :lol:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    The Maze Runner. 
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Last thing I watched was Tinkerbell and the legend of the neverbeast. Not going to lie, I cried at the ending, although I've been an emotional wreck so that probably explains that one! 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `