Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What made you laugh today?

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Was walking the dog today in woods and he’s always been known to pick up rubbish and bring it back to us...today’s item was a pair of adult pants... I couldn’t stop laughing because my first thought was possible reasons why the person had their pants off in the middle of the woods in the first place 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    This is literally me. Plus stuttering 😭😂😂

https://vm.tiktok.com/KwTE5A/
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Edit over last comment. It was wrong link

https://vm.tiktok.com/KwQbJs/
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    There's used to be this man in town that would take his dog to work. I would pass every now and again to say hello. I once described his dog as a "cute hairy sausage" and he laughed. It had only taken me untill now to figgure out why 
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Nurse asked what I would like for denner and started reeling off all the meaty options, before remembering I'm vegetarian 😂😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    I missed a family call with my SO and his family because I was still asleep. He told me that his niece grabbed the phone to see if I was there  <3
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I've been with the same therapist for 3 years and to this day we've never gone through a session without laughter. Todays session had me in PEICES and all I could hear was her wheezing on the other side of the phone. 

I forgot to add that I came across a Tiktok of a girl running from her 1:1 and it really tickled me. 
  • Options
    Support chat
  • Options
    Teddy keeps knocking me out with his massive cone everytime he jumps onto the bed😂😂😂only got a single and he likes to sleep next to my face and just knocking me out with his cone bless him😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Been playing the Free Rice game and for some reason I got a Christmas song stuck in my head. Who remembers when The Fire Tones did "Do They Know It's Christmas Time?" I have it stuck in my head.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Some man was just brutally honest on a BBC Ambulance thing. Putting it in a spoiler as it is gruesome. I know that it is probably an awful thing to laugh about but I have to admit that his honesty was funny.

He said that he was feeling faint because he was losing a lot of blood around his foreskin. The call handler asked how it happened. It said that he split the foreskin whilst having a wank.

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Pulled something out my happiness jug and it happens to be this... Accurate 👌😂

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Today at school we were doing a quiz game and we were counting up our results. I discovered that one of my classmates got more points than me. I accidentally let a "bollocks" slip when I was intending to just mutter it under my breath or say it in my head. And my form tutor heard. She said "Language!" But she was trying not to laugh at the same time. 
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    Some man was just brutally honest on a BBC Ambulance thing. Putting it in a spoiler as it is gruesome. I know that it is probably an awful thing to laugh about but I have to admit that his honesty was funny.

He said that he was feeling faint because he was losing a lot of blood around his foreskin. The call handler asked how it happened. It said that he split the foreskin whilst having a wank.

I'm greatful that I don't have a weenis, that sounds so painful 😭
  • Options

Saw this under the under pass lol
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Seriously Aidan? They risked their life to write "Pleb" on a bridge. Nobody really uses that insult anymore or at least not in my local area.
  • Options
    Didn't realise how big my handbag was til just now, walked in to find my cat asleep in it 🙈😂
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Having a brand casually say there ambassador membership is “only 59.99 per month” :lol: I don’t have that money!!
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    @Starlight shouldn't they be paying you to advertise for them? :lol:
    Yes exactly they said they pay for video submissions for commercial and promotional videos and send some free items per month but I was like no way at I doing that ahahaha

• Options
    Didn't realise how big my handbag was til just now, walked in to find my cat asleep in it 🙈😂
    What on earth! It must be a massive bag or small cat. 
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    I hope mam n dad don't mind when I laugh at them arguing over stupid shit :joy: I don't even remember it was like how to put plates in the dishwasher or something lol
    My mum is constantly getting angry with my dad cos apparently he loads the dishwasher wrong!! :joy:

• Options
    The neighbours 14 month old did a ruuner the other day and it made me laugh. I love that age group because theyre mobile and they can interact. He's a little on the shy side when he sees me but I know he's a talker because I can always hear him babbling away. He's got a whole bunch of hair and 4 teeth. He's a real cutie 🥺
  • Options
    rude people😂 if don’t laugh will cry lol
     and some tiktoks
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Watching the pub owner open all the windows with a hammer and butter knife... Wedges it into the window gap and hit it with a hammer in an attempt to wedge the window open enough to push it 😂😂

• Options

Today I was thinking about all the fun times I've had whilst being a part of "The Mix" community . 

Like that time Murphy was making myself and @Jellyelephant laugh so so hard so we just kept saying it to make eachother laugh. Or that time we were all messing around and trying to see what buttons on the keyboard would kick us out of chat @louisa982 I think you were there at the time lol. Or that one time @Shaunie experienced her first BPD high and it was so fucking funny and we all just went with it. 

Another thing was yesterday in SC, not only did I over share but I completely missed @jellyelephant direction to tell the deets in a pm instead. I was absolutely mortified but it still made me laugh, even a mod lost their shit and by the end of the night I was crying and laughing so hard.

RIP to everyone who had to deal with my hilarious oversharing yesterday , for personal reasons, I too will be passing.

I've known some people here for 6 years 😱
  • Options
    "You've won yourself a first prize. A trip to hospital."
    "That doesn't feel like a first prize."

That was a funny part of a conversation in an episode of BBC Ambulance.
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    Me grandad, he comes out with some right stuff but it proper embarasses me nan :lol:

I love when grandparents embarrass each other!! 
    Mine do it all the time and it's so funny
  • Options
    Yes June and Leon. I miss seeing them on gogglebox. I know they've both passed away which makes me sad as they were such lovely people!

My grandparents act like teens on a first date. The playful flirty behaviours
  • Options
    Having to do duck walk on the beam at gymnastics
    Constantly landing on my bum when on the beam
    Almost landing on my head when doing a handstand forward roll on a piece of equipment (okay not funny but I was safe)