Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anxiety about work

2»

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Aw yeah is really stressful. Are you working tomorrow? 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Yeah, I’m hoping it will be better 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    I hope so too. <3 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Dandelion said:
    Yeah, I’m hoping it will be better 
    Good luck with work lovely 💕 you can get through it. We are behind you 💕 here if you need us
    I feel so anxious and sick I don’t feel like I can go to work today, but I hate calling in sick for things like this I don’t know what to do 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    I’m so fed up with this I like going to work why can’t I do it
    Its okay to call in sick if you feel that bad <3 sometimes it’s worse if you push your self and your anxiety more
    Thanks I feeling a bit better now and the thought of calling in sick was making me feel worse so I think I’m going to try to go
    Dandelion said:
    Thanks I feeling a bit better now and the thought of calling in sick was making me feel worse so I think I’m going to try to go

You can do it dandelion. I hope today gets better for you, if you still struggle while there can you go home sick?
    Yeah, I hate asking to go home but they normally let people without much questioning 
    Dandelion said:
    Yeah, I hate asking to go home but they normally let people without much questioning 
    That’s good they always tell me “take a few mins break and see how you feel” even after I just toke a break and still felt the same 😂 

that’s reassuring. Hope it not too bad!
    That’s exactly what happened yesterday lol I literally just finished a break and they told me to take another one
    Dandelion said:

If you feel like you need to go home, it's ok to. I hope work goes ok today and you manage fine. I will be here if you need me 💕💕
    Sending you hugs and vibes to get through this
    Dandelion said:
    That’s exactly what happened yesterday lol I literally just finished a break and they told me to take another one
    Lol! What time you starting? IM on 12:30 til 4:30 and struggling to get out of bed 😅
    I did 11- 3 and I managed to do it all. I was on a till for 15 mins but then I asked to go off because I was still feeling too nervous. So I marshalled the queue instead and it was alright. 
    Dandelion said:
    I did 11- 3 and I managed to do it all. I was on a till for 15 mins but then I asked to go off because I was still feeling too nervous. So I marshalled the queue instead and it was alright. 

Glad to hear it went ok, well done for sticking it out 💕 proud of you
    Dandelion said:
    That’s good!<3
    I had my first anxiety attack at work at the store I transferred to a couple of weeks ago. I’m so annoyed I thought I was going to be okay at this store. I’m so fed up of this. I have overtime tomorrow just a four hour shift but I’m so worried about it, I want to cancel but I’m scared my supervisor will be so mad at me, maybe I should just keep it and hope I feel better tomorrow. 
    Okay, I messaged the weekend supervisor who’s also my friend he said if I don’t feel great I can just let him know tomorrow and it’s no problem. I do feel a bit better now as well I think part of it was due to not drinking enough as well so I’ll just make sure to drink plenty tomorrow 
    Dandelion said:
    Okay, I messaged the weekend supervisor who’s also my friend he said if I don’t feel great I can just let him know tomorrow and it’s no problem. I do feel a bit better now as well I think part of it was due to not drinking enough as well so I’ll just make sure to drink plenty tomorrow 
    That’s good! Great you have an understanding supervisor. 

Can I ask you something about work. You know you said you also feel a bit anxious on tills. Have you told them this and therefor said you don’t want to gonon tills?I did this today and I got a counselling and possible disaplinary for “refusing a superior” Was so rude. Started crying ahh. Got meeting monday

I haven’t really said anything at this store about it. I told my supervisor today if I could go off because I didn’t feel great and she just let me without really questioning it. Hopefully they won’t question it. 

It’s so annoying they said that to you. Hopefully you can get it sorted without any trouble x
    Ah that’s good. 

I think I’m gunna lose my job over this😂
    might do me a favour lol
    Good luck with today at work!
    Thank you @Shaunie x
    I managed three hours on a till this morning because it was so busy and they needed everyone on. I’m so happy I managed to do it. On my lunch now but I’m hoping this afternoon also goes well 
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Great to hear @Dandelion 💜 how did this afternoon go?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    It went well thank you @Lucy307 x
    Just going to use this thread it about the same thing just at my placement in the lab rather than at work in retail. 

So the other day I had a panic attack at my placement for the first time. I just dealt with it, I asked my colleague if I could leave the lab for 5 mins and she let me. She then told my training officer which I don’t mind because I like her, and she spoke to me a bit about it and it was fine.

Today after a couple of days off due to a cold my manager pulled me aside and said we needed to chat because she’d been told by my colleague about what happened. I’m kind of annoyed she told her, I get why she might think she had to but it’s still a bit annoying. My manager spoke to me and said I could think about dropping a day or two if it’s too much. To be honest I think that might be useful, I have studying to do as well and I know a lot of placement actually let students have a day off anyway. 

I was speaking to my mum and she just kept saying how I don’t need a day off and how I need to be there or I’m going to fall behind. I don’t know what to do now because I kind of want a day off to study, but my mums just going to moan at me for it. But if I keep going in for full weeks I’m scared it’s going to make my anxiety worse and I’ll have another panic attack which I really don’t want.