Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

TW a question about self harm (please answer me!!)

joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
edited July 2020 in Health & Wellbeing
TW
answer me, please!!

a friend of mine attempted to suicide, he badly injured himself, but his ok now (i guess, i really dont know what to do to be honest), he said that didnt hurt that bad and dont wanna go to hospital, but i cant believe on him, cause the injury is really bad (and its bleeding),,,, what can i do??? like, this hurts for real, doesn't hurt? i can call an ambulance or... gosh, what can i do for him?

mod edit: substituted descriptions of methods and injuries

everything always goes ^^
Post edited by Riley on
Tagged:

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Better safe than sorry... I’d call him an ambulance.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited July 2020
    We shouldn't really give out medical advice here, but I suggest ringing 999 and asking for medical support.
    Hope you are ok and your friend is ok too
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    I just wanted to follow up with this and check how you are and your friend are doing @joya . Let us know how things are if you feel up to it
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    Sending you huge hugs @joya I'm so sorry that you went through this and I'm so glad your parents were there for you.

How are you feeling today?

If you feel like you need to self-harm again The Samaritans have a 24/7 helpline that you can call on 116 123. We are always hear for you too <3
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    edited July 2020
    Hey there @joya I've edited your comment and put in a spoiler and trigger warning just because it's a little graphic, I hope that's alright with you. <3

I'm glad to hear you're alright at the moment, taking care of yourself is always the number one priority so hopefully you're able to keep on top of things. Be sure to keep us all up to date with how you're doing we're here to help!

I think it's understandable that you were feeling ashamed of your actions, it seems like it was a pretty extreme situation and you did well to handle yourself as calmly as you did. Rather than focusing on the negatives right now you might find it helpful to just remember the positives and boost your mood a little if you can. :) You're very brave for talking about what you've been through on here and I hope things start getting better for you soon.
    Post edited by Riley on
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    hi @Han93, im ok today! i'm kinda upset with myself for what i did, but in general its everything good.
  • joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    thanks @Riley ^^ 
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited July 2020
    Hi @joya

Just wanted to pop on here to send some hugs and support - I really hope you are doing okay :heart: Just as @Riley has said, you have shown bravery and strength by sharing your experience with us here, so well done for that- I am proud of you for speaking out :heart: We will always be here for you. Take good care x