Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The “last movie you watched” thread

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Aladin 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    @Aife Dumbo was sooo good and cute! My nephew loved it as well :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited April 2020
    Paddington!
    the book thief <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Shutter island
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    edited April 2020
    Watched a little bit of Hairspray. Only about 5 minutes. It was just a song scene on YouTube. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Dumbo
    Christopher robins
    Yesterday (was so good)

Mean girls 2 :lol:
  • _AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    The Hand that Rocks the Cradle (creepy psychological thriller! Glad I didn't watch while dark!) 
  • _AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    RENT live :) 
    The odd life of timothy green
    Smart house
    Truth or dare
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie Is that good? I was going to watch it but a friend said it wasn't very good so now I'm not sure whether to or not 
    Alis propriis volat 
    edited May 2020
    @Eleanor it was good! Watchable. Id rate it 7
    Mrs doubtfire.

Monster inc
    Once upon a time in Hollywood
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Arrietty! I've been loving anime films recently  :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Moana
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    I watched The Post on Netflix over the weekend! 

It's a bit slow at the start but once it gets going a really good story about female empowerment and the power of the free press. 

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

Get hard. 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Unfortunately the last film that I watched was Kissing Booth. Never ever again!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Gonna watch mean girls later. 
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Aristocats!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Jade09 said:
    Aristocats!

Love that film
    The wrong missy
    The green mile!
  • KaziroKaziro Posts: 2 Newbie
    > @GreenTea said:
    > The green mile!

I love this movie, one of the best in my opinion
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    I watched Dating Amber recently. It's about two gay teenagers who pretend to be in a straight relationship at school to avoid bullying. Simulataneously heartbreaking, wholesome and uplifting. A powerful coming of age movie with killer performances and soundtrack (tissues required).
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.