Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

BBC Ambulance Moments/Quotes

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
Feel free to use this as a space to share any moments or quotes from BBC Ambulance which have made you laugh, cry or feel shocked. All emotions are welcome here and we are here to support you through them. Share the series and episode that it was in so we know to watch it or avoid it. <3
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Season 5 Episode 1:

Quite a lot of falls.
    Probably from alcohol intake, like.
    Drunk scousers!
    Fights.
    Love a drunk Scouser!
    Yeah.
    I reckon tonight we're gonna get some streakers. I've just got a feeling.
    Got a feeling people are going to lose their clothes.
    Well, it's windy out, isn't it?
    Not that they'll, like, get blown off, but you never know, do you?
    Kirsten! 😂

(Just like what my form tutor would say if she worked for the ambulance service.)

Post edited by Dancer on
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Season 5 Episode 1:

A 10 year old just saved the life of his dad by doing CPR. He called 999 because his dad was having a cardiac arrest. The call handler kept the child calm and explained to him how to do chest compressions. And then the dad started breathing again when the child was doing CPR. The moment I heard the man breathe again, I almost cried tears of pride and happiness for that child. 
  • Options
    Season 5 Episode 1:

Some man was brutally honest on a call. Putting it in a spoiler as it is gruesome. I know that it is probably an awful thing to laugh about but I have to admit that his honesty was funny. 

He said that he was feeling faint because he was losing a lot of blood around his foreskin. The call handler asked how it happened. It said that he split the foreskin whilst having a wank.
  • Options
    Season 5 Episode 1:

The mother  (I think it was the mother) of a patient who got injured whilst drunk said something quite funny. She said "You are never living this down" and then she said that she had some photos of what happened.
  • Options
    Season 5 Episode 1:

A baby just had a cardiac arrest. Despite all CPR efforts, the baby died on the way to hospital. This would be classed as SIDS or SUDC (depending if the baby was under or over 1.)
  • Options
    Season 5 Episode 1:

A paramedic just said "When I first started this job I honestly did feel very alone. Now I feel so lucky that I have these people in my life. When we go to tough jobs and we have hard days, people in this job are the only people who truly understand. They are all looking out for eachother. I now have friends that I will have for a lifetime. And that's incredible. It's amazing." 

It makes me want to become a paramedic in the future. I know that there will be those hard jobs and that I might have to tell people to stop CPR or have difficult conversations with families but I will never be alone.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I do really love this show, however sometimes I do find it a bit heavy, I know it’s life and it’s good to know about what goes on and stuff but sometimes it can be upsetting. I like watching inside the ambulance as well it’s a similar show except they show some more of the less serious day to day calls, which for me makes it a bit easier to watch. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    I do really love this show, however sometimes I do find it a bit heavy, I know it’s life and it’s good to know about what goes on and stuff but sometimes it can be upsetting. I like watching inside the ambulance as well it’s a similar show except they show some more of the less serious day to day calls, which for me makes it a bit easier to watch. 
    I completely agree with you that it can be quite heavy and upsetting to watch. <3