Homeâ€ș General Chatâ€ș Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Absolutely transformed the garden. It isn't our responsibility but due to covid, property owners can't come out. So we spent a few hours outside today fixing it up!
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Today I asked to be furloughed. 

Its the right thing for my health right now, and as my hospital admission last week was a direct result of work it needed to be done. Everyone wanted to sign me off but I refused but know if I keep pushing on at work I'm just going to end up back in hospital.
    Work is a big deal for me as I hate letting people down, but recently due to physical and mental health I've been off more than I've been in so it makes sense to furlough me and bring someone else back...
    Hopefully I can use this time to focus on myself and stay out of hospital đŸ€ž

Ps. My supervisor wanted me furloughed ages ago but management refused cause I'm such a good worker đŸ‘·â€â™€ïž so that's made me smile haha 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Woke up 15 mins before my appointment. For blood tests But Made it on time 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Went to work â˜ș
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Yesterday I went in a shop with my mum for the first time in 3 months, and I didn’t have a panic attack! 
    And I finally washed my hair, it was shameful how long I’d left it.
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Aidan said:
    Well this is for yesterday, but I cut my own hair and it doesn't look too shabby! :lol:

It's be a a long time combing *badum-tiss*
    Yes dude!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Starlight said:
    Yesterday I went in a shop with my mum for the first time in 3 months, and I didn’t have a panic attack! 
    And I finally washed my hair, it was shameful how long I’d left it.
    Awww well done. Really proud of you.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Worked through urges to SH last night, with the help of others. 
    Made it through the night without doing anything and I'm proud of that. 
    Spoke out to a small group of friends for the first time 

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    despite feeling so low and suicidal yesterday I managed to keep myself safe... and done some cleaning today as a distraction :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Been to work :)
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Wore a short sleeved top in front of my family
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Well done everyone super proud 💖

Remember it's one step at a time we can only do our best each day and sometimes that best is capped at getting out of bed or getting a shower which is okay :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    I just got back from talking to my now “official” ex, feel like a bit of weight has been lifted and I think I made the right decision. I then walked home by myself and talk to my best friend on the phone so I wouldn’t do anything stupid and I didn’t. It was so busy on the beach and around the beach my anxiety levels were high to say the least but I got through it!! I’m really proud of myself! Now for a chilled rest of the reading in the garden, I think I deserve it aha

I'm so proud @Starlight ! 
    Thanks for the update 
    I'm glad it helped to get it off your chest 

Focus on self care now some me time! X

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

Thanks @Laine I’m in the middle of a really good book so gonna enjoy reading in the sun for me time today aha x

Get my 24 hour ECG fitted hate it because need to touch my chest
    Reached out to shout when I needed to
    Fixed the boiler cause the gas checkers always break it
    and promised I will go for a walk tomorrow and get regular exercise from now on.

Sometimes acknowledging is a good first step not ready today still got pain and my hayfever has knocked me off my game lol 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Taken a step back because I know my mood isn't good and I want to protect myself and others around me.
    Tonight is my night for distractions
    Done the dishes, tidied my bedroom gonna go for walkies later! 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

I finally washed my hair! It’s become a massive chore of mine recently but I finally did it aha

Training teddy
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    In a leap to feel more 'normal', I braved it and got a haircut yesterday. Really glad I did. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    I did a zoom call with a group of girls I have been dancing with but haven’t met or spoken to before, was really quite nervous but it was super fun and I’m so glad I did it! They were all so lovely!! 

I emailed my maths teacher before my lesson to say I was going to mute my microphone today as I was feeling anxious, makes it feel so much easier knowing I don’t have to speak!

• pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    Starlight said:
    I emailed my maths teacher before my lesson to say I was going to mute my microphone today as I was feeling anxious, makes it feel so much easier knowing I don’t have to speak!
    Well done I have made it a goal to speak in my session today
    Starlight said:
    That’s amazing you’ve got this!! <3

• pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    Starlight said:
    Starlight said:
    That’s amazing you’ve got this!! <3
    Thanks will let you know how it goes 
    Well done everyone 💖 

I managed to go shopping, been in bed since but baby steps 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈