Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Moving back home

Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hello all, so I've now finished my degree and I'm living back at my family home. Moving back has made me appreciate freedom and space. 

How is everyone finding it being back home and what that's have you found helpful in terms of adjustment? 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hi, I moved back recently as well and as I’m on a placement year back home next year (between my second and third year) I’m going to be back home then as well. I definitely agree living at uni makes me appreciate the freedom of kind of doing what I want when I want to 😂 especially I find in regards to making dinner and getting to choose what I want and when I want it. I also have to share a room at home compared to getting my own room at uni which is quite annoying. I find it helpful to try and find room so I can have my own space even if it’s just going for a walk or something by myself. 
    How are you finding it being back home? 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Tee ATee A Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Salix_alba_2019 !

I'm the same as you! I've moved back home and it feels so weird  =)

I'm in a similar position to @Dandelion, I share a room with my sibling so we're both still adjusting to that. To be honest, I already can't wait to move back out, I miss having freedom! I don't have strict parents but it still feels unusual to have to "check in" with everyone about what I'm doing. :astonished:

How are you getting on!? 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @Dandelion I feel ya, have you thought about giving the room a bit of a rejig? 

I've been okay now that I've made my space a bit more of my own. A good thing is that I'll be able to re decoratie the room so I'm really excited about that. I do miss my friends and my class, especially because we didn't get to have proper goodbyes. 

@Tee A I weep 4 u,, it must be annoying at times 😅

Also please feel free to rant away on the thread