Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Animal crossing corner!

Comments

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    How come the rock spawned on the dirt path 😭🤦🏻‍♀️
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @Stephanie talk to redd, he will open his ship and you can buy his art / statues. Some are fake. You can donate the art to blathers at the museum ... you can’t donate the fake ones.

@Dandelion they do spawn on dirt and grass ☹️ I did stone and one square of dirt where I wanted them to spawn 
    @Liam That’s so annoying, I’ll have to go and cover my dirt paths 😂😭
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    I love looking at this thread knowing that I have no idea what is going on :joy:
    Alis propriis volat 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Alright folks here's your down low on how to get some nice real art from Redd!

Nobody likes a sly fox not even ketchup!

If you have Redd its likely he will show up every so often near your island, he displays several pieces of art a day and you can only buy 1. If the art is real you can donate it to blathers!

Off the bat here are some paintings that are never fake (so look for these first)

- Calm painting 
    - Common painting
    - Dynamic painting
    - Flowery painting
    - Glowing painting
    - Moody painting
    -Mysterious painting
    - Nice painting
    - Perfect painting
    - Proper painting
    - Sinking painting
    - Twinkling painting
    - Warm painting
    - Worthy painting

There are also statues! the only two that are never fake are
    - Familiar statue
    - Great statue

A good guide to see the difference between fake and real paintings and statues is here https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/animal-crossing-art-fake-real-painting-statue-haunted-7018
    (because this post would be so long if i wrote it down haha)
    Ask Redd to look at it closely and you will see a light shone on it, gotta keep your eyes out! :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld

Make sure you’re checking your sky at night for shooting stars ! If you see one press A to make a wish and the next day you can find star fragments on your beaches 

When there’s shooting stars on your island you’ll usually have Celeste hanging around too.. she gives out some nice DIYS😀 (ya I’m a meanie for trapping her🤣) 

Haha @Liam I trap flick and CJ so they can't escape it's annoying trying to find them when my pockets are full of fish and bugs 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

Lol @Laine I trapped her because I invited my friend around to make some wishes and didn’t want him running wild on my island trying to find her 🤣 
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    I’m hoping to get this game for my birthday next month :) 

what should I do when I first get the game? Any tips?
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    @Eyepatch when you first start the game it sort of takes you through things and tells you what to do. So you start by getting your house and villagers houses and a museum and shop etc. X
    edited June 2020
    @Eyepatch woo!

Firstly I recommend picking an island where the residents services is quite far away from the airport so that when you unlock terraforming you can create a nice entrance 

A few days into the game your in game mum will send you some fruit (different from your native fruit) don’t eat it like I did 🤣 instead use your shovel and bury it so that you can grow that fruit tree.

Use nook mike tickets to travel to different islands and take the fruit. You’ve got cherry, orange, coconut, pear & apple. Or there’s Facebook pages where people trade villiagers, furniture and materials. 

Never eat fruit and then hit a rock cause they take a million years to spawn back and fruit gives you lots of energy so it’ll smash them. Don’t sell your iron to the twins in the first few days either cause you’re gonna need it to build the shop

If you come across Raymond, Judy or Marshall on your nmt travels, definitely ask them to come back to your island cause they’re worth a bunch

theres lots of tips on google and YouTube 😆

@Dandelion Thanks! It’s always good to know it’s not over complicated:) 

@Liam
    That’s a lot! I’ll try to remember it, I like the idea of making orchards of fruit trees :)  Can I visit Nintendo friends islands if they have the game too? 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    Yeah @Eyepatch after the first day you can visit your other friends islands if you buy switch online :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    I love this little part on the community. :heart:

Just put my switch on and the battery is on like 5% oops
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

I like the wee orchards too 😀
    My island is so rubbish compared to all yours lol!
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Hucks just asked Judy for a smooch, a cannae deal 🤣🤣  Judy is huffin now, stomping around 😤

@Liam 😂😂 I swear the conversations between the villagers are hilarious
    @Stephanie I like your island 🤗 🤗 mines riddled with weeds 😂

@Dandelion I know, am always laughing at this game it’s so daft lol 
    @Liam
    I have added loads of rivers and cliffs haha 

How are peoples islands doing? 

Still on 4 stars... been on 4 stars for so longgggg 😂😂 don’t know what else to do to get to 5 stars lol just going to keep throwing decoration at it 😂. Got 1 rock in my rock garden hopefully I can get the rest in there 😂
    Mine is only on 3 stars, and it's been on 3 stars for so long now, it's annoying. lol!

Had 4 stars, hated my island so smashed all of my terraforming and picked everything up... now stuck on 3 stars haha 
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    You guys are making me want Animal Crossing but I don't have a Switch and there's no way I'm splashing out for one :joy: 
    Alis propriis volat 
    Mine was on 3 stars for ages too lol I just got some more villagers and it went up to 4
    Ive added so many flowers hahaha!! Like I’ve spent so many bells lol 

Mine is covered in Flowers they are everywhere! Hornsby and Pietro are my babies they're always watering them but they keep multiplying! 😂 Got to 3 stars and been so excited I'm not paying attention to ratings lately haha

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

I said next month, but then I got it early 😅 It’s super cute so far! I’ve also got an app that helps keep track of the daily task list.

one issue I have is there is a big river all the way across my Island, when can I get the jumping stick or build a bridge to cross it? I can only play on 1/3 of my island right now haha 
    @Eyepatch aye you can only play on that wee part of the island to begin with. Unless you’ve a friend who has the ladder and jumping stick DIY to give to you. You’ll unlock them yourself in a few days 😄

It has been raining on my island all week and Now I’m overrun with flowers