Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Animal crossing corner!

LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
Hey folks! 

As an avid animal crossing addict i thought I'd make a thread where we can share tips tutorials, and funny memes or pictures. 

I don't know if lots of people play this so it night just be me rambling to myself but feel free to look in now and then for cute pics 😂 

To start with here's a pic of Hornsby!  😂

I'll share some tips tomorrow! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    This thread is going to be my happy place 😆

Here’s me lookin funkeh in my rock garden which took 3 days to make😂
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    🙌🏻🙌🏻 Yay I love animal crossing. @Laine I have Hornsby too, he’s soooo cute. @Liam how did you make your rock garden, I want to make one but I’ve heard it’s really difficult to do 😂
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    @Dandelion

It’s not difficult but it does take a lot of patience 😆 I nearly gave up like 60 times lol

Basically just eat 6 pieces of fruit and then go around and smash your rocks 

I just made a customised pattern and saved it and then placed mannequins of that pattern In every single square of my island other than the squares I wanted my rocks to spawn 😂 once I had done it I just time traveled to see if it worked, if it didn’t and my rock spawned somewhere else I just smashed it again and then covered the spot it spawned with a mannequin. Once all 6 of my rocks had spawned where I wanted them to.. went to the designer app and deleted the design and then all the mannequins vanished. 

heres a wee tutorial vid. He didn’t put the mannequins in every single square like I did 😆

https://youtu.be/J9QXgwYnkBs

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    This thread :heart::smile::heart: 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Laine I was waiting to see how long it would be before this happened :joy:
    Alis propriis volat 
    @Liam thank you, that does seem like you need a lot of patience, I don’t know if I have the patience for it lol
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Wish I could play this but can't afford a switch. 
    Use to play it on DS when it came out back then
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    First tip of the day! 
    Brought to you by our budding nice guy Zell

The topic is June fish! 

If you live in the UK it's likely you live in the northern hemisphere (if you've chosen southern though let me know and i'll include it)

I'm gonna list all of the best paying fish by section!

Starting with Sea! (The ocean is pretty good money this time of year!)

Barred knifejaws are around all year and all day! They fetch you a nice 5,000 bells! 
    (Medium to small shadow anywhere in the ocean)

Red snappers are another year round all day fish and fetch 3,000! (Anywhere in the ocean, medium to large!)

Giant Trevallys are one of our June fish and sell for 4,500 (these can only be found on pier, all-day and are a large shadow) 

Mini Mahi's are another pier fish, large shadow sell for 6,000! 

Sharks! 
    Only whale sharks can be caught all day(though I swear I've had a great white earlier) 
    The rest are 4pm to 9am  (all worth catching)

Sharks are large with a fin and suckerfish are only medium, Its hard to distinguish so I tend to just catch any with fins! 

Barreleyes are worth 15,000 but only come out from 9pm to 4am so a late night!
    Anywhere in sea, small shadow! 

Last up is coelacanth only comes out when raining, anytime of day. Sell for 15,000 huge shadow! 

River up next! :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

She’s grumpy at first and doesn’t want to speak with you but if you annoy Sable and talk with her every day she will eventually become your friend and give you lotsa cool patterns 😁
    I’ve been trying that for the last few days, but she’s so grumpy with me 😂
    It takes time dandelion it requires patience of the finest order 😂 

Weird flex but okay! 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

I feel like I'm so behind with Animal Crossing. I am quite content catching my fish and selling things. I need all the tips on how to be better at Animal Crossing haha!
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Everyone goes at their own pace @Stephanie I've not had it long been a while without 3 stars because I stopped to fish lots good to get the bank up! :) 

I'll be posting more tips later but if you need anything specific let me know! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Aw thank you @Laine

I love AC it's so relaxing :heart:

Dig up your 1000 bells every day (the wee gold shiny thing )

Bury 10,000 bells into the gold hole you just made

Wait 4 days (or time travel) and then you’ve got a money tree 😄

My favourite trick @Liam do it every time! Haven't time traveled though always been a bit worried about it aha

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

I’m currently attempting the rock garden, I’ll let you know tomorrow if it’s actually worked 😂 took me hours to cover my island lol. I’m scared to time travel too, just in case I spoil my turnips 😂
    @Dandelion Ohhh good luck, lol! You're gonna need it. Remember it takes a good few days for rocks to spawn without time travel :)

and @Laine time travelling is a game changer lol unless you have turnips.. then i dont recommend it 
    @Liam oh that makes sense I couldn’t find one of my rocks, I guess it just hadn’t spawned back 😂 

He go sleepy byes 😭😍

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

I’ve discovered how to add rivers onto my island :smile:

That's awesome @Stephanie I'll be learning that when I get terraforming lol

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

And cliffs oooh I love it 

I’ll try attach some pictures 

Looks so good @Stephanie !! I’m jealous that you have redd he never comes to visit me lol 
    Ah @Liam
    Im not fully aware of all the characters of AC but I love it 

As he's on your island @Stephanie I assume he's new to you! 

If you talk to him you can buy a painting then his ship will arrive every so often and you can buy paintings for museum (but he has fakes the sly guy 😂)

I'll make some posts about how to spot fakes and all the characters later :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

edited June 2020
    He’s a crook 🤣
    Oh the ship is here but i don’t understand why