Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Can Anyone Speak Any Other Languages?

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
Just curious about this. Feel free to comment down below if there are multiple foreign languages that you can speak.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Can Anyone Speak Any Other Languages? 11 votes

Spanish
36%
RileyDancerGreenTeaDandelion 4 votes
French
18%
Past UserSalix_alba_2019 2 votes
German
9%
EGM 1 vote
Dutch
9%
Eyepatch 1 vote
Polish
0%
Chinese
0%
Hungarian
0%
Irish
0%
Any other foreign language?
18%
LainePast User 2 votes
I can only speak English
9%
independent_ 1 vote

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Spanish
    + French as well as some German, Hungarian, Chinese, Portuguese, Italian and Polish (badly!)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Any other foreign language?
    Cornish and a bit of Finnish but i haven't learned in ages! used to practice vocab and listen to finnish radio will probably work on it again :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Spanish
    Can I can vaguely remember Spanish and French from my GCSEs and I’ve been learning BSL for the past year or so. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Spanish
    I've been learning BSL too @Dandelion
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Spanish
    🙌🏻 @GreenTea it’s such a great language to learn 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Spanish
    I studied Spanish for several years at school since I took it for GCSE but I forgot a lot of it since then. I picked up the Spanish course on Duolingo about a year and a half ago and have been studying it on there every day ever since! I'm not fluent by any means but I'm fairly confident. :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Dutch
    I’m okay at understanding Dutch and speaking it, but I’m terrible at writing it the spelling is even more confusing than English 

BSL is great to learn because you don’t have to worry about spelling haha 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Spanish
    I can do BSL as well. Sign Language has been a massive part of my entire life. Used Makaton up until I was about 5 to communicate.  Then I learnt a tiny bit of BSL in primary school as a girl in my class had a twin brother with down syndrome. Then I have built up on it ever since.