Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Funny Pet Stories

StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
edited June 2020 in General Chat
My two dogs are scared of everything, my bin, kites, lampshades, my mum's slippers, planes, other dogs, our back gate when it is open, fireworks and my personal favourite a giant cyclops head (which has a moving mouth) I made with my drama group. My point is my dogs are scared of everything which can lead to some very funny reactions to things we never expect.

From this, I thought I wanna hear about everyone else's funny pet stories. I don't know if this is a discussion already but I haven't seen one so I made one myself aha.

I'll start. So last week my mum bought a new rug for our hallway, it's a woven rug like the rest we have in our hallways so no big deal. However, due to owning the most scared dog in the world when my mum put it down, he refused to go past it and each time he got close he'd sniff it then walk backward really slowly as if it was going to eat him or something. Finally, he worked up the courage to walk over it but as soon as he stepped onto it he full-on jumped and spread his paws as far as he could, I know I shouldn't laugh but it was super funny. He then slowly lay down and didn't move from the rug for a good hour or so and when he did he ran off as quickly as he could. He's slowly come to terms with the rug now but it was definitely a learning process for him. And that's the story of my dog's latest fear. More to come as time goes on ahaha

Hope to hear some of your pet's weird fears or just funny stories in general, let's make pet lovers smile!!
“I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *

Comments

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Haha, brilliant @Starlight

I have a pug and he is a real big idiot. He gets so excited over anything and he ends up falling down the stairs. He likes to run laps of the house and he went to run out to garden but the door was closed so he just ran straight into it head first! :joy:
    Alis propriis volat 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hi @Starlight, great to see you on the boards by the way, it’s Elle from chat.

This is a lovely idea for a thread - pets are sooo funny.

I have a labrador retriever called Theo and he is a complete and utter nutter. Like any dog he loves his walks, and in our woods, he regularly finds toys that other dogs have left behind.

Today’s find was a skanky old tennis ball, which he insisted on keeping in his mouth for the remainder of the walk until he got home... and then traipsing it through the house. We finally managed to get the ball off him and chuck it outside (this ball is vile) and now every time he goes outside he finds it and tries to bring it back inside. We’ve resorted to not letting him in until he drops it, but he doesn’t have the problem solving skills to realise that the skanky ball is the problem so every time we open the door when he drops it...he grabs it again and cycle repeated.

The way he insists is sooo funny.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    @Eleanor that’s brilliant aha my dogs are constantly banging there heads on stuff, that’s why my dad says they are so stupid cos they’ve lost so many brain cells :joy: 

Hiya, Elle @independent_ yep I find pet stories well funny, they cheer me up a little. Your dog sounds very like one of mine Otto (the one who was scared of the rug :joy: ) every time we’re on the beach he finds a new toy, once it was someone’s flip flop they left and the other day someone’s lost glove. He claims them then never lets go :joy: 

Starlight said:
    Hiya, Elle @independent_ yep I find pet stories well funny, they cheer me up a little. Your dog sounds very like one of mine Otto (the one who was scared of the rug :joy: ) every time we’re on the beach he finds a new toy, once it was someone’s flip flop they left and the other day someone’s lost glove. He claims them then never lets go :joy: 
    @Starlight haha, mine has claimed all sorts of objects - we’ve started taking a rubbish bag down the woods so that we can get rid of the really disgusting ones before he gets the chance to bring them into the house.

He’s also brought massive footballs home and he’s snuck them into the house somehow without us knowing and we then suddenly have a football rolling around our living room.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    independent_ said: @Starlight haha, mine has claimed all sorts of objects - we’ve started taking a rubbish bag down the woods so that we can get rid of the really disgusting ones before he gets the chance to bring them into the house.

He’s also brought massive footballs home and he’s snuck them into the house somehow without us knowing and we then suddenly have a football rolling around our living room.
    That’s so funny :joy: how did he get that past you? Aha

Starlight said:
    independent_ said: @Starlight haha, mine has claimed all sorts of objects - we’ve started taking a rubbish bag down the woods so that we can get rid of the really disgusting ones before he gets the chance to bring them into the house.

@Starlight I don’t have a clue. Tbh it was probably on a sunny day when we had left our back doors open and he could saunter in and out at will.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    One of my cats (Shadow) barely goes outside or even moves.  Today I heard my sister talking to the cat at about 7:45am (just before she left the house to go to work.) She ended up leaving her bedroom door open because Shadow was fast asleep on the bed. Shadow stayed asleep until 2:10pm (she slept through the entire night and most of the day.) My mum said that Shadow basically just went "Meow! Meow! Meow!" My mum checked her watch to see what time it was. Then she said to the cat "Now you decide to wake up you lazy cow."
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Starlight said:

@Starlight I don’t have a clue. Tbh it was probably on a sunny day when we had left our back doors open and he could saunter in and out at will.
    :joy::joy:

Kasa2103 said:
    One of my cats (Shadow) barely goes outside or even moves.  Today I heard my sister talking to the cat at about 7:45am (just before she left the house to go to work.) She ended up leaving her bedroom door open because Shadow was fast asleep on the bed. Shadow stayed asleep until 2:10pm (she slept through the entire night and most of the day.) My mum said that Shadow basically just went "Meow! Meow! Meow!" My mum checked her watch to see what time it was. Then she said to the cat "Now you decide to wake up you lazy cow."
    That’s hilarious, you’ve got one lazy cat there aha :joy:

Starlight said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Yep. Her nickname is "Fatso." She is overweight, always eats too much and never gets off the sofa or bed.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Kasa2103 said:
    Starlight said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Yep. Her nickname is "Fatso." She is overweight, always eats too much and never gets off the sofa or bed.
    Sounds like a pretty chill life, wish I could do the same aha

Starlight said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Starlight said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Sounds like a pretty chill life, wish I could do the same aha
    Yeah.
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Today my cat Simba brought a baby rabbit through the cat flap (I still can't quite work out how...) so I spent a good 10 minutes chasing it round the kitchen and then returning it back to its burrow! 
    PoppyB said:
    Today my cat Simba brought a baby rabbit through the cat flap (I still can't quite work out how...) so I spent a good 10 minutes chasing it round the kitchen and then returning it back to its burrow! 
    Awww! At least it was alive. I guess that Simba wanted to give you a present. At least it was alive.
    PoppyB said:
    Oh my god! That doesnt happen every day aha. Least you took it back could've been much worse!!

Kasa2103 said:
    PoppyB said:
    Awww! At least it was alive. I guess that Simba wanted to give you a present. At least it was alive.
    My cats usually bring in dead presents such as birds and mice.
    So I’m rabbit sitting for my sister for part of today and so many funny things have happened so far. :joy: they’re house rabbits so run free in the house aha.

1). they had a lady and the tramp moment when eating a piece of spinach

2). I though I lost one of them but she was inside the sofa 

3). one of them jumped on top of their cage and got stuck so I had to get her down 

4). one of them followed me upstairs to the toilet :joy:

5). and they’re rabbits so are just hilarious anyways!!

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My dog at mum's is a massive whimp. He once farted and scared himself. Like he literally jumped and looked at his back end in pure shock. I was dying on the floor laughing because it was just so funny. 
    Poor sod wouldn't get out of bed for a few hours after
    GreenTea said:
    My dog at mum's is a massive whimp. He once farted and scared himself. Like he literally jumped and looked at his back end in pure shock. I was dying on the floor laughing because it was just so funny. 
    Ohhhh haha sounds like something my dog (otto) would do he's scared or literally everything :joy:

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Ohhhh haha sounds like something my dog (otto) would do he's scared or literally everything :joy:
    Haha what breed is your dog?
    One of my cats likes to jump through windows to get into my mums car. A few times the window has been closed but she still tries. And twice she did it to the neighbours van.
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Haha what breed is your dog?
    He’s a whippet cross bedlington 

edited June 2020
    Another story of today! Not that it’s necessarily funny. Otto (my dog) went and stood by the back door like he does when he needs out for the ‘toilet’ so I let him out, 10 minutes later he still hasn’t come back in so I look out into the garden and find him lying on the bench in the sun. He loves the sun, think he’s missed it the last week when it’s been really cloudy bless him