Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

General chit chat

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    edited June 2020
    Yeah it's tough I'm out of bed and actually doing work at my desk that I never use 😂 good day haha

Edit. Well I'm not doing work now but hush 😂 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    @independent_ yeah same Im either in bed or doing a zoom dance class aha

@Laine I need to start using my desk again :joy: i was using it a few weeks ago now my bed has become my new desk oops :joy:
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
    My bed is my desk too haha 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    I got up at 6 because I wanted to go to work with dad. Wondered why he was still in bed at 7 to then find out it’s his day off lol 😂🥱
    Oh gosh Liam thats such a me thing haha

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yoooo
    Heyy! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

There should be a food thread. I’m hungry. The issue with waking up early is that I get hungry and then I eat my lunch at 12 and then hungry again by 2 lol 
  • CalebCaleb Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
    @Liam that’s when you raid the snack cupboard 
    I got stuck in that cycle Liam for ages! 

Only food thread I made is what's on the menu but could make more 😂 

I try not to take over the boards got loads of ideas but going to do it over time hah

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    I woke up not long ago but I don't have any work this week as I had exams last week. 

@Aidan I have had too many jaffa cakes in the past few months. I think I'd like some chocolate brownies or something 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    OMG Jaffa Cakes! Thanks for the reminder @Aidan, I’ll buy some of those when I go to the shop later haha. And some chocolate. My snack drawer in here is empty.

My bed is my desk too @Laine, my actual desk is covered in useless crap. I need to tidy up in here actually but I haven’t had the energy ahaha. Maybe I should do that at night because that’s when I seem to be the most awake.

Oh noooo @Liam, that seems to be a common theme today thinking things are on when they’re not.

Heyyyy @GreenTea! How are you? How’s work been today. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Can you ever eat too many Jaffa cakes though @EGM?

How did your exams go? How did you manage to do your exams. Mine were cancelled.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I woke up at 10 I’ve had 3 cups of coffee already this morning.
    @independent_ Yeah I guess you can never have too many

They were just like mocks. We had to do them in exam conditions at home but that's not really completely possible. I didn't really see the point as it won't really reflect our ability. They did go alright for me I think. Some were challenging but I know if I had more time and space to revise I could do better. 
    I did used to have my GC fridge @Aidan

That could be a good idea 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Walking home in the thunder and lightning
    @EGM I can imagine that was difficult. We’re they like zoom calls so they could make sure you were in exam conditions or were they trusting you aha.
    @independent_ Our parents and ourselves had to sign a form to say we did it in exam conditions to the best of our ability. So they are pretty trusting
    @EGM yes they are trusting! That’s very good. How do you think they went?

Mine were all cancelled and I never thought I’d say this but I wish they hadn’t been haha.
    @independent_ I think they went alright. I felt like my maths and history were good and physics was okay but further maths was challenging. If I don't do great I can just blame it doing them at home and not having teachers haha
    Speed walking away from the thunder
    @EGM aww I’m glad they went alright :) I hated maths when I was at school. Haven’t done it for a couple of years now aha.

@GreenTea it was thunder here yesterday.
    It's really and sunny where I live.. as I walked from work home.. it's due to pass down my way soon 
    @independent_ Well I'm planning on doing engineering at university so I'll be doing maths for a long time. 
    I
    really like thunder. We had some here the other day. It's just raining here at the moment though and I may have just stood in it haha
    The weather isn’t bad here. Currently 18° But it’s really stuffy and hot for it only being that temp. I’m sitting in front of the fan aha.

I don’t mind thunder. 
    Mam sent me and dad to farm shop for some veg and we just bought 3 chickens 🤣. Now to get them into the garden without mam noticing.

its about to throw it down too so gotta build a run for them in the rain. No regrets. (until mam finds out) 🤣

That's brilliant Liam! What you gonna name them?
    The first time I read that @Liam I thought you meant chickens as in the kind you eat and was gonna comment on the fact that they aren’t vegetables.

Then I read it again. I can be so thick sometimes ;) 

Aye, what you calling them?
    edited June 2020
    Hmmm not sure yet 😛 I’m rubbish with names 😂