Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

General chit chat

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    @EGM I’ve made it into bed but it’s way too hot :( 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    @independent_ yeah what is this weather doing? Luckily I have a thin blanket on my bed currently and my sister leaves the window open when she goes to bed so the room is usually quite cool
    @EGM I don’t like leaving the window open because I have this irrational fear that I’ll wake up and there’ll be bugs everywhere. Idk where this comes from haha. 

I have a fan.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    @independent_ That is an interesting fear. I wouldn't personally leave the window over because it would be really easy to climb into my bedroom (I've done it).
    A fan is a good plan
    @EGM I think it comes from the one time I woke up and there was a moth flying about and it landed on my chest and I killed it (I won’t say anymore because gross). Oh god that’s a thought! Can’t have anyone climbing in either. This is the sort of thing I worry about actually so I just can’t open the window at night I wouldn’t be able to sleep.
    @independent_ oooh that doesn't sound fun. Usually my sister leaves the small window open so it's a bit better. 
    @EGM it really wasn’t fun at all. Makes me nervous even thinking about it ever happening again. Hate bugs haha.

I should go to bed hahaha.
    @independent_ ha same. I've made to bed now, which is progress
    @EGM excellent progress! I’ve been here since midnight but still not asleep haha. Need to turn music and light off soon though and get the hell off my phone ;)
    @independent_ I think that's a good plan. Well I think it's time for me.
    Good night 
    @EGM goodnight :)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    EGM said:
    It's good. See I live in the area so it was on my cycle to school. It's weird seeing it from the police's point of view
    I live in the area too. It was quite informative. I hadn’t realised just how poorly that copper had got.
    Weekender Offender 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Morning
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Morning!
    Alis propriis volat 
    Please tell me you slept 😂
    Yeah I went to sleep at 11 and got up at 6 😂
    Alis propriis volat 
    Luckyy
    Lol it got busy here last night
    After.
    Before would make breakfast taste funny
    After but sometimes I get breakfast at work so that would be before 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Definitely after brekkie.
    Weekender Offender 
    Eleanor said:
    After but sometimes I get breakfast at work so that would be before 

I do that. Like today I did my teeth before leaving house but brought a yogurt on the way to work 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I always brush after simply because I'm not waiting for my morning coffee 😂 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    I’d say brush teeth after breakfast/coffee.
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Just got up for an 11am tap private on zoom, only to put the zoom codes in and realise the class is tomorrow morning instead. :unamused: Least i'm awake and out of bed now :joy: 
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
    Oh noooooo @Starlight! I’d be very tempted to go back to bed hahaha. Oops.
    @independent_
    nah that means id have to get changed again etc etc aha plus I've got work to get on with aha

@Starlight you have more willpower than I! I’d end up lying in bed for hours even if I wasn’t sleeping haha.
    @independent_ I'm trying to break out of that cycle spent all day every day in bed recently and that has to stop, although I could do my work in my bed aha

@Starlight I really should make an effort to break that cycle. Only thing I’m actually doing at the moment are my zoom exercise classes. Otherwise nothing haha.