Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Making a music video for our community song with PinkLemonade!

Heya Guys!

do you guys want to help create the music video for our song we have created?

im just finishing off the Legends of Lockdown video and me and @The Mix thought it would be a great idea to have you guys share clips that you think really shows the positives of lockdown. This could be things like NHS rainbows you have seen on social distanced walks, your pets doing funny things, or just something cool you have seen in your community. 

To keep it anonymous, please don't show people's faces directly. If you would like to contribute, you can submit your videos to: video.submit@themix.org.uk and tell us below what you have posted :+1:

looking forward to seeing what you guys create!

George PL

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I’ve just sent a video of my doggie Louie having a run during a walk when it was sunny 😍
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Sounds awesome @Millie2787 - looking forward to seeing that! Can people add in the subject of the email 'community music video' or something similar to that just so that we can easily work out which project the videos are for.

FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Sounds amazing.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Just bumping this as it is a sunny Saturday - quick challenge for you all, can you take a short video of something that makes you smile today? 
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Ed_ said:
    Just bumping this as it is a sunny Saturday - quick challenge for you all, can you take a short video of something that makes you smile today? 
    Does a video of me doing a bottle flip count? Or doing the splits?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    On Wednesday I sent something and it included a little message for everyone.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    @Liam Steve! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    @Kasa2103 - thanks for sending something in :+1: and yes to your other question, though just be mindful to make sure you don't include your face in the video, we are wanting to keep this anonymous :3

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @Laine
    I nearly forgot 😳😆 

I’ve sent 2 wee vids in of main man Steve 🐩 

Ed_ said:
    @Kasa2103 - thanks for sending something in :+1: and yes to your other question, though just be mindful to make sure you don't include your face in the video, we are wanting to keep this anonymous :3

Okay.
    edited June 2020
    Don't worry it is working now.  My phone and emails can be a bit temperamental.
    Some great submissions so far, keep them coming :3 We've had some excellent videos of pets that have been enjoyable to see. We need a few more clips to finish off the video, how about we set a challenge for everyone to submit at least 1 video in each of the following categories:

1. your pet (or a friends) doing something funny or cute 🐶
    2. Something fun/creative you have achieved during lockdown, for example, this could be a quick clip of you putting the last piece of a puzzle. Also, we have a great example from @Kasa2103 perfecting a bottle flip!
    3. Something inspiring you've seen in your local community - this could be some NHS rainbows or a community noticeboard with offers to help people.

Who's going to be the first to complete all 3 videos ;)

Ed_ said:
    Some great submissions so far, keep them coming :3 We've had some excellent videos of pets that have been enjoyable to see. We need a few more clips to finish off the video, how about we set a challenge for everyone to submit at least 1 video in each of the following categories:

1. your pet (or a friends) doing something funny or cute 🐶
    2. Something fun/creative you have achieved during lockdown, for example, this could be a quick clip of you putting the last piece of a puzzle. Also, we have a great example from @Kasa2103 perfecting a bottle flip!
    3. Something inspiring you've seen in your local community - this could be some NHS rainbows or a community noticeboard with offers to help people.

Who's going to be the first to complete all 3 videos ;)
    Haha thanks for sharing my example of the perfect bottle flip. Recorded it twice. Took me about 30 attempts to do the bottle flip. 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    When so you need this by? I have an idea i just can't do it till tomorrow
    1. Sent a video of my cat
    2. Sent a video of my bottle flip.
    3. About to send something that I made inspired from stuff I have seen in my local area.
    Alright I'll figure something out! 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

@GreenTea - today is fine, or early next week would probably work too :3

@Kasa2103 - congrats on being the first to complete the challenge, love your NHS rainbow!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's contributions :+1:

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Sorry, wasn't able to do it today, is Monday ok?
    For sure :3 Happy creativeness over the weekend!

I'll take a nice walk tomorrow I often forget where I live! Can get a nice vid of some nature 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Ed_ said:
    @GreenTea - today is fine, or early next week would probably work too :3

@Kasa2103 - congrats on being the first to complete the challenge, love your NHS rainbow!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's contributions :+1:

Thank you @Ed_ It was really fun to create. :+1: