Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    It’s too fucking hot!!!!!!!

How do people like this weather. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    tomorrow its gonna be my first consult with the new psychiatrist... i am very excited... and of course afraid, but my sister its gonna be with me, so im fine ^^  
    everything always goes ^^
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    edited June 2020
    My friend has tried to ring me 18 times within the past 50 minutes. Can he not tell that I am not in the mood to talk? Especially as I know that he will go on and on and on and on about his girlfriend.

Edit: 22 times now.
    Edit: 27 times now.
    Edit: He finally stopped trying to ring me but he instead rang my mum. My mum made it perfectly clear to him that I do not want to answer the phone and that we cannot help him to find his girlfriend on Facebook (which is what he wanted me to do.)
    Post edited by Dancer on
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    My friend has tried to ring me 18 times within the past 50 minutes. Can he not tell that I am not in the mood to talk? Especially as I know that he will go on and on and on and on about his girlfriend.

Edit: He finally stopped trying to ring me but he instead rang my mum. My mum made it perfectly clear to him that I do not want to answer the phone and that we cannot help him to find his girlfriend on Facebook (which is what he wanted me to do.)
    That’s ridiculous, remember you can always block if it’s a problem @Kasa2103
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I feel really ashamed to be me. It feels like I am worthless and very stupid sometimes.  It might seem heartbreaking for a 14 year old to say (or for anyone to say) but it is honestly how I feel at the moment.) :( 

I can't even do a lot of the stuff that people my age can do. 

I can't catch a ball, I can't throw a ball, I can't do a lot of sport such as tennis or rounders or football, I struggle with certain aspects of getting myself dressed, I struggle with cutlery, I struggle with drawing, I can't write in a straight line if there are no lines, I struggle with gluing, I can't dance well without constantly getting myself tied up and I wasn't able to tie my own laces until I was 12. 

I have ended up having to find different ways to do the things that people my age take for granted. Hopefully getting physiotherapy once the coronavirus stuff allows the hospitals to safely open and do appointments. 

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:

Eventually he got it through his head that no means no. He left me alone after what my mum said to him. Still very cheeky for him to ring me so many times and then ring my mum.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    When you just want peace and quiet but can't get 5 minutes of it
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I told myself that I was going to stay away from social media this evening but then I came accross an ignorant comment. 

How can somone quote MLK and in the same sentence trivialise the George's death? HOW? 

• Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    Kasa2103 said:

Eventually he got it through his head that no means no. He left me alone after what my mum said to him. Still very cheeky for him to ring me so many times and then ring my mum.
    Agreed, I’m glad he let you alone :)
  • Options
    Frustrated 
  • Options
    Loooool a dude on the Internet told me that's its not the 60's and that racism doesn't exist but turned very quiet why I asked  him why the KKK and EDL have active members to this day 🤪
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2020
    Loooool a dude on the Internet told me that's its not the 60's and that racism doesn't exist but turned very quiet why I asked  him why the KKK and EDL have active members to this day 🤪
    Its like corona - if it doesnt happen in their life - it doesnt exist to them
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Shaunie EXACTLY lol

P. S plz excuse my poor wording
  • Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Does anyone know how to turn of notifications for certain threads?

They don’t have the star on them and I sometimes miss the things Id like to see because there are too many notifications :/ 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    Eyepatch said:

They don’t have the star on them and I sometimes miss the things Id like to see because there are too many notifications :/ 
    Hey! I'm sorry if this isn't helpful, but perhaps you could try bookmarking the threads you want to get notifications on, and have a look at the notification settings to make sure everything is as you like it (https://community.themix.org.uk/profile/preferences). Hope this helps! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Eyepatch said:

Go on notification preferences

and untick "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in"Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.

And book mark things so will get notifications for that by using the star. & Make sure got notifications for book marks

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    This road says no large vans so why the fuck you got to drive down it?? It's clearly not a very fucking wide road you knob. 
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I managed to hurt my wrist and my knee in my sleep somehow, 

Must have laid funny 😬

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    I fucking hate my body.  Fucking hate it
  • Options
    Can't stop falling asleep literally had 18 hours of broken sleep in the past 24 hours 
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    There's a camera in my room watching me, like is that even allowed in a hospital!? 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    There's a camera in my room watching me, like is that even allowed in a hospital!? 
    Yeah that is allowed I've had that before. Feels horrible. Hope youre okay
  • Options
    Trapped nerve is honestly so horrible
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I've been on facebook all morning trying to find the man who saved me on saturday. I cant remember what he said was his first name.
    Post edited by JustV on
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    The pizza place near me opened up recently, and people have been using the park next to it to eat because the restaurant is closed. Since then, the park has been FULL of used pizza boxes, napkins, cutlery, bottles, etc. The restaurant has been getting a lot of blame for it but it's absolutely not their fault.

Why are people like this. :disappointed: Take your damn rubbish home.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Its awful @Mike !

With nowhere to drink the teens are going to the harbour and cliffs it's full of empty cans ect the fact people can't clean up after themselves just bamboozles me!

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Mike said:
    The pizza place near me opened up recently, and people have been using the park next to it to eat because the restaurant is closed. Since then, the park has been FULL of used pizza boxes, napkins, cutlery, bottles, etc. The restaurant has been getting a lot of blame for it but it's absolutely not their fault.

It’s been the same in the woods and park near us @Mike, we’ve found loads of crap down there - from pizza boxes, to cans of beer, to bottles of vodka, to a disposable barbecue...we even found an opened jar of hotdogs down there one day.. 

People are disgusting and it drives me nuts too.
  • Options
    Mike said:

Been the same here.. down by the river, after five guys and independent coffee shops opened, there's just rubbish littered everywhere and the swans keep trying to eat it
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Jeez! I didn't realise it had become a widespread problem. That's so sad. :pensive:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    @Mike said:
    Jeez! I didn't realise it had become a widespread problem. That's so sad. :pensive:
    All these fully grown adults not taking their rubbish home!! Come on we all learned that when we were kids, didn’t we?