Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New feelings and experiences

molmol Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
During my school years I was severely malnourished and extremely skinny, now I’m on meds that have a side effect of weight gain. And I have gained so much weight, I’m healthy and happy, but I’ve noticed I keep getting a constant aching pain in my thighs. I don’t know if that’s just my skin stretching and my body adjusting, bad circulation or if somethings wrong, was wondering if anyone has experienced it and knows what it is??

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hi @mol,

I haven’t experienced this personally and don’t really know what it could be, it might be worth checking this one out with your GP. It might be a side effect of your medication. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    Hey @mol, you should have a look at the medication leaflet to see if that gives you any more information about side effects. If that doesn't help, you could consider discussing this with your GP - they'll be more than happy to help I'm sure.

All the best.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @mol

I just wanted to echo what the others have said - whenever you have medical questions, the GP is often one of the very best places to turn to :smile: You could also speak to 111 for some guided advice of where to turn to. 

take good care :heart:
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Agree with what's been said, GP is your best bet to support you with this x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.