Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Celebrating pride month together!

LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
As you may be aware pride events for pride month are cancelled but i've decided to put together a lot of things we could do together and you guys can give me any suggestions too! 
From June 1st i will start making fun threads a few ideas i have so far is

- Pride themed word searches and crosswords

- DIY tutorials on how to make rainbow things such as bracelets, hair ties, ect and we can share creations!

- Gender and Sexuality 101(i'll probably pick a sexuality or gender identity and make a thread about it! what it is, facts, myths ect)

- LGBT hugs thread? this could be a place where you share any struggles regarding lockdown and pride but also a place for support when dealing with sexuality or gender issues, relationship struggles and questioning and confusion.

- History time! (take a lesson in LGBT history, i'll talk about famous lgbt people in history)

-Quiz/general knowledge! (i'll make lil quizzes where the answers are in a spoiler you can see how you do!

- Lots of places will be doing online livestream celebrations i'll keep you updated on what and where :)

If you guys have any other ideas, suggestions on mine or want to get involved let me know!

Heres a picture of a doggo in a flower crown!

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Adding on another idea! I'll be working on a playlist for the Spotify account

It will include songs written by LGBT+ artists or LGBT+ songs :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    There is also Global Pride taking place at the end of June which has LGBT+ themed speeches, performances, film and other content from across the world http://www.globalpride2020.org/ 
    Oh awesome thanks Poppy! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    I would love to get involved please! A few ideas that I have so far are:

- A thread of all the ways to celebrate Pride virtually (I have a few ideas!)
    - Photo competition: sharing your favourite rainbow photos, taken by yourself or by others. This could be a literal rainbow, flags, rainbow roads/walls etc 
    - A positive thread for coming out stories. I think your idea of a hug thread is so super important, but I also think if anybody has any positive stories to share of coming out, that could be a good way to recognise that sexuality truly is something to be celebrated and that it can all work out well :)

Any other ways that I could get involved/help you out please do let me know, I would love to help! 
    Those are great suggestions! coc0mac! 

I was thinking about a photo thread that's a good idea people could share their favourites! 

I really like the positive thread it's a great way to bring the community together

I love them I have no set plans on posting so it's just whenever and whatever you feel like ☺️ 

I'm also happy for you to get involved in any of the suggestions I've made! :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Love all these ideas! I think it's so important to still celebrate despite the current circumstances and I look forward to seeing what exciting things are going to be happening.  :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    www.forbes.com/sites/jamiewareham/2020/05/29/pride-month-500-prides-cancel-amid-coronavirus-global-lgbt-digital-pride-list-events/amp/
    Here some more pride events
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    These are all really great ideas guys! I was so disappointed that I wouldn't get to go to Pride this year or my local's drag night but I've attended so many wonderful virtual Pride celebrations already this month :) super important for us all to stay connected right now! 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    I’m bi and I’m proud ! In love with this bag I got from primark today 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Love the bag! That's amazing!

🌈Positive thoughts🌈