Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

TW: suicidal thoughts

Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
Honestly it's been so hard, I'm trying to get by day by day but today I nearly went through with my plan and I got so close to doing so... I'm just wondering what everyone does to try to get out of those thoughts, I don't really any healthy coping mechanisms I more so use self harm to try and relieve it. So I'm struggling to do it and very close to giving up most days as they seem to come daily.

Comments

• Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey there @Mellyy99! and welcome to the community!  :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment but you have absolutely done the right thing in reaching out here at the mix. You mentioned experiencing suicidal thoughts which is understandably a difficult thing to be going through, I just want to ask if you feel you are safe at the moment? Also, i'm just wondering do you live alone or with anyone? it can be useful sometimes to be with people when experiencing these types of feelings, although sometimes that isn't always possible.  <3

Are you receiving any support at the moment or have you felt able to talk to anyone about how you are feeling?

In the spoiler below I've popped some crisis resources that are available if you need them. There is always support out there.  :)

- Crisis Messenger are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text 'THEMIX' to 85258 if you are feeling in crisis.

- Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.

- Papyrus - offer non-judgemental support, advice and information to young people. You can call them at 0800 068 4141. They are open Mon-Fri 10am-10pm and 2-10pm on weekends.

- Mind - have a list of crisis houses and sanctuaries that offer short-term support that you might like to try. You might also like to search for your local Mind to see what support is available in your area.

-  If you have any concerns for your health or safety, call 999

Self harm is also a tough thing to be going through, here at the mix we have a couple of articles that may be of interest to you, self harm distraction techniques and steps to self harm recovery. You also mentioned not having many coping techniques, have you got any hobbies or activities such as baking, crafts or colouring etc that you may like?

Well done for reaching out and please do let us know how you are doing!

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    Jade09 said:
    Hey there @Mellyy99! and welcome to the community!  :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment but you have absolutely done the right thing in reaching out here at the mix. You mentioned experiencing suicidal thoughts which is understandably a difficult thing to be going through, I just want to ask if you feel you are safe at the moment? Also, i'm just wondering do you live alone or with anyone? it can be useful sometimes to be with people when experiencing these types of feelings, although sometimes that isn't always possible.  <3

Are you receiving any support at the moment or have you felt able to talk to anyone about how you are feeling?

In the spoiler below I've popped some crisis resources that are available if you need them. There is always support out there.  :)

- Crisis Messenger are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text 'THEMIX' to 85258 if you are feeling in crisis.

- Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.

- Papyrus - offer non-judgemental support, advice and information to young people. You can call them at 0800 068 4141. They are open Mon-Fri 10am-10pm and 2-10pm on weekends.

- Mind - have a list of crisis houses and sanctuaries that offer short-term support that you might like to try. You might also like to search for your local Mind to see what support is available in your area.

-  If you have any concerns for your health or safety, call 999

Self harm is also a tough thing to be going through, here at the mix we have a couple of articles that may be of interest to you, self harm distraction techniques and steps to self harm recovery. You also mentioned not having many coping techniques, have you got any hobbies or activities such as baking, crafts or colouring etc that you may like?

Well done for reaching out and please do let us know how you are doing!

hi, I'm safe right now I managed to contact papyrus after having a bad experience with Samaritan. the suicidal thoughts are still there and constantly seem to be there... I live with my parents currently but they aren't aware of what I'm going through currently... I don't have the best relationship with them.

I start therapy on Thursday so ill see how that goes I guess...I'm not hopeful really so its hard especially a call therapy...

weird thing is sometimes I don't want to use coping techniques...and distracting myself doesn't really work
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @Mellyy99 and welcome 💜

Sorry to hear about what you’re going through - hope we can help you here. Do you want to talk a little more about how you’re feeling and any triggers you know of? 

Glad to hear your therapy starts on Thursday, it’ll certainly be different over a call but hopefully will still be helpful. Do let us know how you get on 😊

Take care, we’re always here for you
    - Lucy 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend