Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Any tips of getting a good pay rise

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need some good advice to persuade my boss to give me a good pay rise this year. I have worked in the same place for nearly 2 years and I have changed a lot of things there to make life easier for everyone. I think I deserve a decent pay rise. At the same time I dont want to make myself sound too greedy, anyone knows some good techniques to do this?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    PAY RISE

check out what competitiors pay for similar jobs also if you have made life easier does this mean you have saved money ?? try and make a case out of this.

If you do work in a sector that is competetive and are doing a good job why not look around and sufggest to your employer you have ghad a better offer would but be happy tostay if you had a decent rise(its worth a try- white lies dont hurt!).

finally get all your co-owrkers to join aunion and then your employer will ultimately have to negotiate with you for a rise.

Usdaw is a good one at www.usdaw.org.uk