Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Really struggling with my mental health not just at the moment but for a while. :( I hage been significantly traumatised by severe bullying at school that has recently stopped. My mental health has also been significantly affected. I don't know who to talk to because I really struggle with trusting anyone at all and I feel really anxious about speaking up. I can't cope anymore. Virtual hug please.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Got myself so stressed that I've made myself physically unwell. It's horrible. Absolutely horrible. I wish I could catch a break and just have a day where pay bills and other aspect of adulthood, didn't exist 
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Sending hugs to everyone :heart:

It sounds like lots of you are struggling, we are all here for you and care about you all :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Thank you. Yeah I am struggling. :(
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • HowDoYouTalkAboutItHowDoYouTalkAboutIt Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
    Don't want to live anymore 
    😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    Sorry everyone that this is so long but I have been significantly traumatised by severe bullying at school that has recently stopped. My mental health has also been significantly affected. I don't know who to talk to because I really struggle with trusting anyone at all and I feel really anxious about speaking up.

I feel like I need help but I don't know who to talk to. I don't want to worry anyone on here. My webchat counsellor can't really do much. I don't want to be a burden to my family, friends or teachers. The bullies just got bored and couldn't think of any more ways to hurt me.

I keep everything bottled up although my classmates can tell that my mental health has been getting worse. They keep on trying to encourage me to do the small things such as join in with activities, do a workout or watch a video. I don't know what to do anymore. Nothing feels worth it anymore.

It makes me feel ashamed that my classmates have noticed my mental health issues because I want to keep it bottled up and I don't need everyone to know about my mental health. It is also scary because at one point a classmate actually went to get a teacher to talk to me because I zoned out and she was concerned about me.

One day I will probably be sent to my GP, A&E or put into hospital. I know that it is very unlikely but the thought of it triggers my anxiety a lot. :( If I stay silent then it won't have to happen. 

Don't want to live anymore 
    Sending massive hugs. You can get through this 💕
    I'm so exhausted. Absolutely exhausted. All I want to do is sleep, all the time. My body constantly aches. I get shakey and exhausted after a small walk. Can't last a few hours without wanting to lie down. 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Feel so bad
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl

Sending hugs to all those who need them :heart:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited May 2020
    Doesn't matter anymore
    Post edited by Dancer on
  • joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    i bought a wilkinson today; im afraid... why its life so boring????
    everything always goes ^^
  • Books_and_ChocolateBooks_and_Chocolate Posts: 1 Just got here
    Hi...
    could someone please tell me how to tell a counsellor that i self-harm?
    Hi...
    could someone please tell me how to tell a counsellor that i self-harm?
    Do you see your counsellor online? Writing it down can help instead of face to face. Also working out why your finding it hard can help. They're not there to judge. Only want to help and would be happy you opened up
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey @Books_and_Chocolate welcome to the mix by the way :)

You may find it helpful to make a thread about this if you want more answers 

If you're currently seeing them online you could maybe send them a message or email them if you do not want to physically say it :) if you see them in person maybe write it down.
    They're there to listen and won't judge x

(Also, hugs everyone <3

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    So much paint fumes. It's all gone to my head and chest
  • joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    i just thinking about suic*** and it is so... ughhh, i cant take these thoughts no more, its consuming me :(

everything always goes ^^
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    honestly thinking about suicide seems to consume me and makes me closer to carrying it through, self harm is the worst its been also.
    Mellyy99 said:
    honestly thinking about suicide seems to consume me and makes me closer to carrying it through, self harm is the worst its been also.

Sending you massive hugs. Please do make a thread if you feel you want to. Lot of people will support you. If you need help starting a thread, do let me know and I'll show you how to :)
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    edited May 2020
    > @GreenTea said:
    > (Quote)
    > Sending you massive hugs. Please do make a thread if you feel you want to. Lot of people will support you. If you need help starting a thread, do let me know and I'll show you how to :)

I wouldn't even know where to put it ah

edit; okay I can't even quote properly lol
  • AriannaArianna Posts: 77 Budding Regular
    I’m in the middle of uni exams and exhausted and everything’s awful and I don’t know how to do this anymore and I really, really can’t.
  • HowDoYouTalkAboutItHowDoYouTalkAboutIt Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
    Why everytime I can convince myself to eat something everything in my life goes wrong. I never want to eat again
    Being
    Recovered
    Doesnt
    Mean
    That
    You
    Stop
    Being 
    Triggered 
    By 
    Things

AMEN TO THIS!!!!!
    Ran out of orange essential oil for my diffuser :( need to order more!
    edited May 2020
    Sorry everyone for this but I just needed to share it. :(

It feels like I am an attention seeker. 😢😭 But honestly I am really struggling. Is it even worth trying to hide my mental health struggles anymore? I can't speak up to anyone though. My anxiety stops me.

I always try to hide my mental health struggles with a smile. But it is always fake. I can't cope anymore and sometimes I don't want to live. Especially with the trauma that I had to go through at school with the severe physical and verbal bullying that I was going through.

If I tell anyone the truth about my struggles with my mental health issues then it might get me put into hospital. The thought of that terrifies me. 😭😢Yes it is very unlikely to happen unless I am at serious risk with my safety but it is a significant worry for me. 

I haven't even felt able to fully open up to my webchat ounsellor. I can't trust anyone anymore. I pretend to be okay around other people when in reality it feels like I am dying on the inside and I want to just break down into tears. There is no escape for me.

Part of me wants to get better but the other part of me says that I deserve to feel so awful mentally. I keep on listening to the side of me that says that I deserve to feel so awful mentally.  😢😭

Sorry. 😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭😢😭 Is it even worth trying to get better?
    Feeling bit sick
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I've cried so much today.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Been a while since I was last able to bring myself to write anything on here. Suppose I'm hitting my usual couple week low point. 
This discussion has been closed.