Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Summer Plans

JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Schools and universities will be breaking up soon so I thought I'd ask what everyone was going to do over summer?

Obviously this summer will be different from others we have had so it would be good if we talked about what we are doing to replace our "traditional" summer plans. Our plans don't have to be anything crazy or spectacular, it could be that you are spending more time on a hobby, exploring your local area, or anything really!

Talking about our plans or what we want to do might help those who are feeling a bit lost with the breakup of school/uni get some inspiration :)

I'll start: When the weather is nice out and it's safe to do so I plan on sitting myself in a park(by myself!) and working my way through some books. I don't get much time to read for fun at Uni, and my summers are usually really hectic, so I'm hoping to read some fun books while enjoying the summer weather :)
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Catch up on some much needed sleep.
    Work on my photography project that I am getting set in the summer holidays.
    Might have to go to some summer revision sessions.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    Sounds like the grind never ends @Kasa2103! I admire your dedication :) Do you know the theme of your photography project? 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I have no plans so far, I doubt that will change it really depends how things go.

My life will remain the same as usual if we're still social distancing. I'll be inside yet trying to bide my time lol

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    I plan to decorate my bedroom! I have just finished my degree so I'm officially living at home again, so I thought it would be a nice way to give myself some closure in my mind from uni, and start a fresh from now. I think it will be quite a task as I want to have a big clear out in my room now and donate a bunch of stuff to charities (a little difficult whilst charity shops are closed so if anybody knows of alternatives please do let me know :smile:), and then I will need to go back to my uni house to get all of my stuff from there and sort through that haha! because when I moved back from uni it was unclear whether we'd be back for third term or not, so I left most of my belongings there just incase...strange times! 

I am also starting a masters in 'psychological well-being and mental health' in September which I am so excited for! so I will probably start reading up on that and some potential research project ideas. I love little projects to keep me busy!