Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Playlist Challenge #8

Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey Everyone! It's time for another playlist challenge.  :)

It seems particularly important with everything that is going on in the world currently to do things that bring some light and happiness to peoples day and I hope these playlist challenges do that.  <3

That's why the theme for this month is going to be....

The Power of Togetherness

Togetherness

These can be any songs that represent unity and songs that may bring people together for a laugh or even a cry! It's all about being there for each other  <3

I hope you are all safe and well x
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hard to think of a better song to represent togetherness than one where the audience was literally a part of the song! :D

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Black Eyed Peas - Where is the Love!
    Alis propriis volat 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    High school musical - all in this together
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    In honour of Bill Withers, who passed today, Lean on Me <3
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Imagine- John Lennon
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Once again... Another nickelback song 🙄😂

https://youtu.be/Y96WY5Do_bs
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    GreenTea said:
    High school musical - all in this together
    Yes! I was going to say that but I have other ideas.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Please please please do not judge me for this. It reminds me of a song I sang when I was in primary school.

https://youtu.be/qIL8-r3hHDE
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Thank you for the suggestions so far!  <3
    I'm going to add one this month, I think and that's I'll Be There by Jess Glynne. Every time I hear this song it makes me smile and feel good! 

I'll Be There For You from Friends
    True Colours
    You Will Be Found from Dear Evan Hansen
    Hey everyone!

It would be awesome if we could get a few more suggestions before the end of the month.  :)

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well. 
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    This is taking the theme a little on the abstract direction, but I enjoy how hopeful this message is, and it reminds me that we will get back to a point where we can be together (in person) again with people in our lives...

https://youtu.be/4oDwAxTd8ok
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    This song, its kinda about togetherness 🤷‍♀️ basically shows when the world comes together we can achieve anything 👌

https://youtu.be/TfmD_YpyeSs&nbsp;
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Chiquitita by ABBA because in the 1st Mamma Mia film, Rosie and Tanya sing this to Donna when she is upset. It shows that they care and that they are all there for eachother.
    edited May 2020
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to creating the playlist for April!  :)

All the songs you suggested are awesome and I hope you are all doing well!

Watch out for the new May challenge  <3
    Hey everyone!

You can find the playlist on Spotify for April’s playlist here- https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5ELoH1o8HikoldY9iph2g1?si=iJm7Fd7CQLOP2wtAY3V1tQ

Hope you enjoy!  :)
    Thank you :)