Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Boris annoying announcement

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Wat was he on about this week coz he babbles n stutters with 'errrr' alot n I don't understand. Isn't the 'stay alert' msg the same, wat does it now mean?
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I agree it’s all extremely confusing and a lot of things he has contradicted himself so many times. I’m just going to take Nicola Sturgeon’s advice and carry on like we have been, staying at home. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    He’s trying to bring the economy back but he waffles so much he makes everything unclear and confusing. Our FM Nicola Sturgeon has extended lock down for 3 weeks, borders are still closed and we still have to stay in doors. 

I’d say if you can’t work from home and your employer wants you to go back then do that but if not, just follow the rules the same as you had before and stay indoors. 
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    Is Boris doing any gd. Would Labour had done a better job, dealt with it faster without umming n errrring?
    Crazy mad insane
    edited May 2020
    Boris is cutting stuff, so the NHS hav to work harder with limited resources, he's bringing the economy to its knees xx
    Crazy mad insane
    Boris helps the majority of the rich and the well off
    NOT the standard UK citizen
    Crazy mad insane
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I definitely agree his speech was all over the place, 

ause he doesn't have clear answers we were slow to react, we took a bad route of herd immunity and now we are paying the price

He needs to save the economy but also prevent a second wave. Its really tricky.

We're allowed to go out more than once a day now but I wouldn't personally.

Tory's are notorious for funding cuts and as someone who would not vote Tory I do have to say.

He's doing fairly well, he's actually not been well Received by his counterparts in parliment since his return because they have been worried his health scare will make him soft.

He knew he needed to keep the new seats they won by making them happy and so he has actually done some pretty nice things including talks of bringing back the NHS nurse bursary.

Say what you will if it had to be Tory I'm glad it was him of all people

(He's by no means perfect he has made mistakes including his talks which makes less than a fish on land, but it's uncertain times everyone is confused on what to do)

Could labour have done better? I personally believe so but its too late now and we won't know for sure, we just have to be sensible and try to stop this x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Regarding the advice, he's basically preparing people as we move to a more lenient version of lockdown. There were concerns that the 'stay at home' message was so effective that people might be afraid of leaving home once 'official' lockdown was over, so I think they're trying to mellow down the message to allay that fear. Lockdown won't last forever, after all!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • HowDoYouTalkAboutItHowDoYouTalkAboutIt Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
    Honestly I don't think labour would've done better. Boris is being told what to do a lot by medical advisers. He is umming and erring but the issue is no one has ever dealt with anything like this before so anyone in power being Boris or labour would be dealing with this blind. It doesn't matter who he makes the decisions for at the end of the day as they're main goal is to saves lives. 

But this is my opinion and you may think otherwise but this is how I see it
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I feel like a second wave of corona is inevitable 😩
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Honestly I don't think labour would've done better. Boris is being told what to do a lot by medical advisers. He is umming and erring but the issue is no one has ever dealt with anything like this before so anyone in power being Boris or labour would be dealing with this blind. It doesn't matter who he makes the decisions for at the end of the day as they're main goal is to saves lives. 

But this is my opinion and you may think otherwise but this is how I see it

Boris is ignoring medical and scientific advice though.
    Aidan said:
    It's going to be one hell of a balancing act to keep the R0 less than 1, but keep the GDP at something
    sustainable.
    Finally someone who actually calls it R0 one of my biggest pet peeves atm is hearing people on the news repeatedly say R value 😂😂
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Ah, I'm glad someone started this thread. 

I was wondering how everyone found Boris' announcement on Sunday?

It was quite confusing and you're right, not super clear at all, which is frustrating. 

How's everyone feeling about Lock-down now? Better, Worse, the same? 

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

Boris is making gorilla noises tbh. I not bothered bout lockdown, I hav games n internet n cats n I'm not in hh, so I'm happy 😀😀 I nearly took my own life b4 I left hell xx
    Crazy mad insane
    Dandelion said:
    Aidan said:
    It's going to be one hell of a balancing act to keep the R0 less than 1, but keep the GDP at something
    sustainable.
    Finally someone who actually calls it R0 one of my biggest pet peeves atm is hearing people on the news repeatedly say R value 😂😂
    This alone let me know that you study science lol
    @Italia

I'm yet to watch it, I don't feel like it will be very helpful 

Where do we find a written version of the regulations?
    It'll come to R0 n everyone had died, fantastic!! 
    Crazy mad insane
    Aidan said:
    Oh I just knew that from contagion :joy:

Having studied bioinformatics, I thoroughly enjoyed the technical talk and protein simulation. I feel like we all learned something new  lol

ellie2000 said:
    It'll come to R0 n everyone had died, fantastic!! 
    looooool Ellie plzz stahp
    My towns a Tory stronghold too
    Crazy mad insane
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I think just use common sense. I listen to questions and answer thingy though and said cant invite your family round to the garden. But we done that anyway. They stayed two meters away so can't catch it. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Wats a pet peeve
    Crazy mad insane
    ellie2000 said:
    Wats a pet peeve
    Something that annoys you a little bit 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    I do not understand a bloody thing about Bojo's announcement and honestly I could not care less. The news triggers my anxiety so much and that is really negative. :(

Me and a classmate have been making a chart with the differences between Trump and Bojo. We can only think of 2 differences  (different names and different parents.) And we have a lot of similarities about both of them. :(

Even made a monologue and did a video about it to describe how I feel about coronavirus, social distancing and Bojo. 

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Aidan said:
    Trump also wasn't honorary Australian of the Year 2014! :joy:
    Lol! @Aidan - Was Boris? That's hilarious

@Kasa2103 would love to see your monologue if you feel up to sharing. That sounds like a great way to manage news anxiety. I get it - especially right now the news is really anxiety inducing. Glad to hear you are looking after yourself in that space. 

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

Italia said:
    Aidan said:
    Trump also wasn't honorary Australian of the Year 2014! :joy:
    Lol! @Aidan - Was Boris? That's hilarious

@Kasa2103 would love to see your monologue if you feel up to sharing. That sounds like a great way to manage news anxiety. I get it - especially right now the news is really anxiety inducing. Glad to hear you are looking after yourself in that space. 
    I will share it on Monday because it needs a bit of important improvement. :)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Still not many differences between Bojo and Trump compared to the amount of similarities!