Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My thoughts keep me non productive and almost Paralyzed in a time So not Motivated

I feel so Isolated and alone and it makes me so gulled to the tv I guess so I feel like I am at least listening to people talk ... I am out of Routine and I struggle with Bipolar disorder and racing thoughts all day ... it’s like an orbit that surrounds me that I cannot turn off ... self guilt for not doing my household chores and just keeping up with a daily shower .. I mean come on why am I self Sabotaging myself .. and I know what I need to do to change it but just get caught in that time Warp ... I am on meds and my Psychiatrist just added another med to help me along through this whole virus ... I have been in Therapy for years and have tools but not using them at this time ... I struggle with not being able to finish a task and have Multiple projects going on at one without completion on all of them so now instead of my house looking clean and organized it’s become overwhelming.. and I feel so extremely exhausted over it ... 

Comments

• Gemma1Gemma1 Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Hi @wendylayer
    It sounds like you've been going through a really tough time recently, I'm glad you reached out here for support.

It's understandable that you're feeling exhausted with struggling to finishing projects or tasks while also feeling guilty that you aren't doing enough. It can be difficult during this time to find motivation and sometimes it helps to just pick one thing to really try and focus on, it doesn't have to be anything big or complicated. I'm wondering what's something that you really enjoy doing?

You're not alone, we are all here to support you. 
  • wendylayerwendylayer Posts: 2 Newbie
    Thanks for understanding because i need to feel like i am not loosing my mind .... i did some gardening today and feel soooooo good your so right i need to make sure i am doing something i like and fit in some laundry or a shower in between things... grateful for your time to reach out to me and you helped me without even knowing it means the world i am not alone
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @wendylayer

Well done for reaching out - I want you to know that we are right here for you, and you truly are never alone :heart: 

Gardening sounds like a lovely thing to do! Something to keep your mind busy and a chance to get some fresh air - sounds brilliant :smile:

Whenever you do something that you enjoy and that makes you feel good, perhaps you could write it down on a little piece of a paper. Each time you do something enjoyable you can add it to the list, and then over time you can create the ultimate feel good list. Gardening can be the first thing on this :smile: This way, no matter how difficult times may feel, you know there is always something you can do to make yourself feel a little better.  It's okay if you can't think of things to add to the list straight away - this is something you can build up at your own pace, over time and just whenever it feels right. What do you think? :smile:  

Take good care :heart: