Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Burned Out ?

Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
Hi guys ,

lately I’ve just been feeling like I don’t have the energy to do anything. I just feel so tired and down and I’m worried I’m on the verge of physical and mental burn out :( 

I don’t know what to do because I can’t just take a few days for myself I’m already behind on college work , I’m doing twice as much caring now I’m at home full time and I still have to go to work.

Since lockdown started I just feel like everything’s got harder to do , I lost all motivation to do my college work , the residents at work are just a complete nightmare right now which means a lot of the time I’m working my shift without getting my break because we Litreally don’t have time to stop and home is just becoming harder and harder to be in.

It genuinely feels like no matter what I do it’s like I’m not doing good enough which means I’m then working harder to the point of exsaughtion :( 
Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

Comments

• coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Millie2787

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling this way :heart: I want you to know that you're trying your best in these difficult times, and so for that, you will always be doing good enough. And no matter what, your well-being is the most important thing above all. So please try your best to remember those two things in everything you do :heart:

It sounds like you are involved with quite a few different things right now, so you really do deserve some support with that. I know many colleges/schools/uni's are more than happy to provide extensions or additional support in a way that would suit you during these times, particularly if you are somebody who has caring responsibilities. I'm just wondering if you have looked into this at all, or if there is anybody at your college that you could contact? Hopefully that would help to lighten the load a little. 

Take good care of yourself - and remember that we are here to support you every step of the way x
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey @Millie2787

Just wanted to echo what has already been said, we are always here for you :heart:

It sounds like a very difficult time for you, it's very positive that you've reached out for some support.

Do you have any interests/hobbies? Something that is just for you to take some time out, self-care is important, and especially at the minute. 

Sending hugs to you :heart:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    I know a lot of people who are suffering the same loss of motivation. Best thing you can do is set yourself a new routine. That way, you have some sort of regular life at home, and found that can really help to get things done x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    College have been really good @coc0mac in allowing me extra time with assignments and things but I’m really struggling with not having the routine of being in college and being with people who can help me if that makes sense. I’ve just started telephone counselling with one of the college councellor and she seems nice but I just feel like I crave that face to face interaction.

@Stephanie I’ve been doing some painting and things lately but I’m finding it harder to find the time to do it when I’ve got so much work on 

I just feel like yesterday’s wasn’t a good day either but I guess that’s my own fault when I’m struggling to even take my medication at the moment :(
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Hey @Millie2787 it's encouraging to see how self aware you are, and how supportive the Mix community is being. You always have a network of individuals on here that care about you  <3

I have also been doing painting recently but struggling to find the time to do it on top of everything else. Something I am trying to practice is just to give myself a break and not be too hard on myself - that goes for both keeping perspective on the amount of work I have and if I am unable to keep up my positive habits. What sort of painting are you doing? 

Sorry to hear that yesterday was tough, but please try and be kind to yourself. It's Mental Health Awareness Week next week and the theme is Kindness, so it's actually topically relevant to be kind to ourselves  :p 

When you say you are struggling to take your medication, do you mean you are struggling to remember to take your medication or are you struggling to find the motivation to take it? 

I often find it helpful to link a habit that I don't want to do with a habit that I do want to do, e.g. sometimes when I don't want to exercise (something I know is good for me but I resist sometimes) I will then encourage myself to do it by saying that I will allow myself time to listen to my favourite song after. Is there a short positive habit that you could tie your medication to to encourage you to take your medication more regularly? :)
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture

i guess I know I have a lot of people on here who care about me but it’s just the face to face contact that I miss so much.

ive been kind of painting anything and everything really , it’s been mainly quotes at the moment.

its just the motivation to take them , I feel like I don’t deserve them which means I haven’t taken them for a good week and abit now which I know isn’t a good thing :( just another thing I can’t ever do right