Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to sew a mask- Tutorial

EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Sorry if this has already been done, but I thought I’d show you how I make masks. I’ve been making loads of them for local small businesses- they aren’t as protective as official ones but better than nothing and easy to make.

1) cut 2 rectangles and sew them front to front along one long side (so the pattern is on the inside) 
2) open up and pin 2 pieces of elastic in a C shape on each side 
3) close and sew around the edges, leaving a gap of about 1.5 inches at the bottom

4) use that gap to turn the mask inside out

5)  pin the gap closed and pin a fold of about 1cm horizontally through the mask 
6) see around the outside of the mask, this is called a top stitch, and ta-da! It’s done :) 

cotton seems to work best and is easy to sew :) I used a machine but you can sew this by hand it will just take longer :) 
"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    This is really, really cool @eyepatch. :) So kind of you to give these out locally too!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    This is very kind of you, and thank you for sharing it as a thread! Im sure it will be very helpful to many :heart: