Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Jigsaw's

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ive found my new little hobby/distraction. I love it. Currently doing a Lion king one. But my sister wont let me do it when i want because it takes up room and looks messy which is just rude & sad but yeah its in jigsaw case but still rude about it:(

anyway does anyone like these puzzles? Did you used to?

when i can ill send a picture of how far ive got with it so far. Its 1,000 peices so feels like takes forever and i blame the factory for losing some peices everytime i cant do it lolll

its quite theraputic when you find a peice that matches and starts building
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2020
    Aidan said:
    I remember when I was in primary school the library used to have 3D jigsaw puzzles you could take out, I remember taking one out that was like a tudor house or something and it was really difficult and toom me ages to put together right and when I was nearly finished... some of the pieces were missing!

Ha if space is an issue for your sister the 3D ones usually take up less room (cos they like stack upwards instead of being flat) if that's something you'd be into. Can't recommend getting one from a library though 😂
    Ahah

My sister just cares of the mess of the pieces when it's out but don't care about space of the Jude it self. Have a case for jigsaws. So leave in the case and lie it up right behind the sofa in hopes it stay s together which it nearly does

here's my lion king jigsaw so far. This has taken me hourssssss

spot simba

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Lol you win seein cute simba lool

Omg really i thought it was 25 for the edges? Took me ages to do the edges aha
    Aidan said:
    There's 4 corner pieces in 1000 pieces so that's a 1 in 250 chance if that makes sense?

Sorry I love maths too much I have to make everything about it 😂
    Oooh aha

Aidan said:
    How's long before it's done do ya reckon?

Probably a lot quicker if i could do it when i want lol. But yeah i dont rush doing it lol otherwise stressfull

• ElizabethElizabeth Posts: 93 Budding Regular
    You could do with one of these!  :)

Elizabeth said:
    You could do with one of these!  :)

Haa. that is a good shout
    Heres its not. Ive managed to simba to be connected to it !  
    Its hard. Esp for the sky. All looks the same and so many peices but can see the giraffes 

Here's my Jigsaw now. I know no one really cares lol but still like sharing

Itss another jigsaw update

but sadly losing some peices somewhere cause i cant find that bit of sky🙃

• PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Great to see you've found a new hobby @Shaunie I can't wait to see the finished picture :)

I used to do jigsaws with my granddad and there were always pieces going missing!!
    Finished it!!!  But there are two pieces missing. How annoying

• mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    I find it so satisfying seeing a completed puzzle. I didn't notice one of the pieces was missing, I saw the one in the sky but had to look really closely for the one on the bottom 
    I've started this one today. It looks like it will be easier than the lion king one cause more colours and the pieces are bigger so can Actually see them

My jigsaw atm. Doing it in the garden lol

Finished it! No pieces missing this time
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    That's A cute puzzle!
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Looks lovely @Shaunie … might do a jigsaw later :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Thank you!
    This is the jigsaw I'm doing at the moment

And this is what I've done so far
     the jigsaw seems to be slightly different to the box with bird in the cornerp

Have you got round to do any jigsaws @BubblesGoesBoo
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Looks like a cool jigsaw shaunie!
    Just got the tigers to do now!

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    I don't have any puzzles at home and they're quite expensive to buy so I've been using a jigsaw puzzle app. You can pick from loads of pictures and how many pieces you want etc. It's not quite the same as a normal puzzle but it passes the time!
    Alis propriis volat