Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    And primark has given me money they under payed me
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I had a telephone meeting with my assigned MH practitioner the other day and I really enjoyed it. We laughed a lot more than we usually do which was great. We didn't have a video call so I was gutted that I couldn't see the puppy but I enjoyed it nevertheless. 

At one point I was trying to discretely break my Easter egg by baching on the table and I didn't realise that she could hear until she asked me afterwards which made me laugh some more. 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Got a lovely message of someone on twitter saying their 4 years clean of sh, it's given me hope, and I'm so proud of them 💖
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    With the help of a friend I have a diffuser with lots of different essential oils due today. I'm really excited!
    Slept better with my diffuser on
    I'm happy that the general knowledge thread took off and is a lot better than I thought it would be.

Believe in your ideas people!!
    GreenTea said:
    I'm happy that the general knowledge thread took off and is a lot better than I thought it would be.

Is a good idea. Wish i could join but never know the answers to quizs lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:

Is a good idea. Wish i could join but never know the answers to quizs lol

Ahhh give it a go! Nobody is Judging anyone! Don't shy out from having a go because you don't know the answer!  It's all a bit of fun! You've got this!
    I feel like instead of being bored ive tried to do things to distract me and i feel good i just feel like i want to be everyones friend and be happy ahah
    in tears over tonight's church message, hit so close to home, he was suicidal/struggled with mental health too (it was a personal testimony) and when he turned to god it helped him <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Yesterdays twinception in GC!

Saw a cow on my walk, fed it, pet it and gave it some attention. 
    Best feeling. 💜
    @Shaunie it was so entertaining, we were all super excited haha

It really is a twin thing getting excited about meeting other twins lol

I generuily couldnt believe there was that many twins in chat lol. I hardly know that many in real life lol
    Shaunie said:

I generuily couldnt believe there was that many twins in chat lol. I hardly know that many in real life lol
    No wayyy, I secretly thought that twins just naturally gravitated to each other lol, I know quite a few and  on my road alone there are 4 sets of twins 👀 but in the small town alone there are quite a lot, even triplets 😁

@Aife I still can't get over the fact that you're a twin too, how we didn't know untill this year is astonishing lol
    on my payslip we have a bonus, and don't know whether its our normal bonus that we've gotton early or a bonus from work as a thankyou for working through this shit :confused: we don't normally get our bonus til june … either way I can afford rent this month haha
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    May have dyed my hair 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Been singing along to Les Misérables and I actually don't sound too bad. Have any of you seen the parody that a family made about lockdown?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    I got back into writing fan-fiction and posted one recently that’s got some really nice comments, I love it when people take the time to write kind things about my stories. I’ve been thinking about the plot all day and can’t wait to get home and write more  :3 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    This turned up at my door this morning from a friend and it’s melted my heart 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Going to be getting £50 into my account for my time on google hang out of the research for The Mix and Shout. Was going to be amazon voucher but cause it COVID 19 asking for account details. IM hoping is okay. But not sure what account details are okay to share
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I did well on my last piece of coursework. I now just have to get through my exams then this year is finished 😅
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    edited May 2020
    I walk round the house without Make up on.  I never used to do that even just with my own family. Now i answrr the door to people without make up on.  It's normally just the post man who barely looks anyway. But this morning it was next door asking if we had their parcel ANd she defo was looking at my naked face but i didn't really care!
     Feels nice to feel bit better in your own skin. I obviously Need Make up but yeah
    This is my 8,000 post. I dunno if this makes me a sado or what lol
    My nephew, he lives being back at school 😁💖 never thought he would appreciate it haha 
    Shaunie said:
    I walk round the house without Make up on.  I never used to do that even just with my own family. Now i answrr the door to people without make up on.  It's normally just the post man who barely looks anyway. But this morning it was next door asking if we had their parcel ANd she defo was looking at my naked face but i didn't really care!
     Feels nice to feel bit better in your own skin. I obviously Need Make up but yeah
    I walked the dog in the dark without Make up on today! Went out without Make up. Saw literally no one but lol still. And was dark anyway but it felt nice and refreshing
    It's snoooowing 😁 anyone wanna make a snowman? 😂💖
    In love with my top -“ in a world where you can be anything . Be kind ❤️”

Spent £50 on coffee pods :smiley:
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Got a cute WhatsApp message from my friend.  At least someone thinks that I am not ugly. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous