Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

should i contact the mix again or my teacher

AngelAngel Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
sometimes i feel sad and i want to talk to people especially whats been going on at my college with this girl, she makes me depressed and really struggle to reach out to people. I contacted the mix 6 times this week. people say I'm doing it because I'm asking for attention but it is not that its because I'm having issues and should tell my teacher. i noticed the mix record how many times i contacted them. the last time I contacted them they said i contacted them before and noticed they are counting how many times I have contacted them now. next time i feel sad should i tell my teacher or contact the mix again? cant deal with this anymore

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    hey :) I think you should tell your teacher .. the mix are great but there's only so much they can do when they're not there in person, telling your teacher could help things improve but the mix will always be there as well :)<3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Echo @BubblesGoesBoo

I think it would be a good idea to tell your teacher, they may be able to help!

Salix
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited May 2020
    Yeah i agree with bubbles. 

When you say you contracted the mix. What part of the mix? You can use this space as many times as you want. I think Their one to one is just like a help to see what support you have around. And not long term support (if that's where you mean) 
    I'm sorry to hear about whats been happening with you and this girl. Here If wanna talk more about it <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    Hi @Angel hope you are doing well :)

You can use this community forum as much as you want to ask questions, seek advice, or just chat :)  I'm not sure if you've contacted our other services like the helpline or one-to-one.

It sounds like you are having issues with a girl at your college who is making you feel down. You ask whether yo should contact The Mix Again or your teacher. If you want to explore your options with your teacher you can definitely do that, they might be able to help explore your feelings and see if they can sort the issue out with this girl. 

If you want to explore and talk about how you are feeling or maybe get some advice about your feelings or the options you have then you can reach out to The Mix community. You could also do both :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2020
    Angel said:
    I contacted the mix 6 times this week. [...] i noticed the mix record how many times i contacted them. the last time I contacted them they said i contacted them before and noticed they are counting how many times I have contacted them now. next time i feel sad should i tell my teacher or contact the mix again?
    Just chipping in briefly to say something about this. :)

Our 1-2-1 helpline team keep a very basic record of when people get in touch. That's so they're in the best position to help you when you contact them, and so they can identify any troublemakers easily. You can also read more about that in our privacy policy if you want to clarify anything.

If they mentioned how many times you got in touch @Angel, it's not because you've done anything wrong. You're still welcome to contact them and use The Mix Community when you want to. If that changes for any reason, someone should tell you that clearly and explain why. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • AngelAngel Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    Hello guys
    i did have a not so good support chat, sorry if I've upset anyone I was feeling annoyed with loads of things going through my mind. if Shaunie has read this please private message me so we can be nice to each other.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited May 2020
    hey you didnt upset me. I didnt have a good support chat either but nothing that was your fault. Just mine x
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley