Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Thank you to The Mix and to the support of the members (*warning*)

DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
Hi all

So I just want to say a big thank you to The Mix and to the people who have supported me on this site throughout the years (four I think)

I was reading through some discussions I started years ago and realised I hadn't replied to some of them at the time but they really helped and they were/are really appreciated and very heart warming to read through again.

I use to lean on this website a lot in my toughest times back then and I'll never forget how much it has helped me to be here today  <3

I also use to sh and I'm proud to say I'm three years free and I really couldn't have done this without you guys  :3  the early months were really difficult but with so many kind words on here, made it possible, something that I never thought would be.

I really hope that the people who are going through a rough time the now find the hope to hold on to because it does get better, a little bit at a time and we're all here with you 

Much love and THANK YOU  xx

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Such a lovely post! <3 thank you for sharing. It's really nice to hear how much you have progressed, really proud of you, you should be really proud <3 gives me hope me too!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
    I'm happy to hear it gives you hope, your one of the people who really helped me Shaunie, always spreading good advice and kindness  <3
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    So glad to hear how much the site has helped you, and that you're coming out the other side now 😁 I agree, things do get better 💖
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
    Thank you to you to BubblesGoesBoo  <3 such an amazing and thoughtful person :) 
    and they really do
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    What a beautiful read @Distraction. So glad The Mix has been that supportive space for you. :) Three years free is an incredible thing and you should be so proud of yourself for that!

You've given a lot to the community yourself over the years, so thank you too. :3
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.