Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to deal with losing all your friends?

MiaMia Posts: 26 Boards Initiate
Hi guys.
Since I started therapy I've been talking about all of my friendships and naturally issues in the past have come up. this made me angry and I talked to friends about old arguments and they got angry that I'd bring things up from the past.
This led to fights between us and eventually I felt like the therapy was making me over analyse everything. eventually I changed my phone number and cut ties with them all.
Now I'm thinking it was such a stupid idea to do that and I'm not in therapy now cos of covid, and it's too late to get them back. this and also a breakup (which was 7 months ago but I'm not over yet) has really got me down.
I want to go out and make friends but I can't now, with isolation. it sucks. I miss my friends.
any tips would be welcome 

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hey :) Sorry to hear what you're going through, it's not always to lose friends, especially when isolated in this situation. Bringing up old arguments defo wasn't a great idea. You can either do nothing, try and get back in touch with those friends, apologise and hope you go back to good terms, or try and make new friends on forums/social media/Discord communities. Options are there x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    MiaMia Posts: 26 Boards Initiate
    Thanks! What are discord communities? x
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Mia :)

Discord is a app you can find it in app store. You can use it to connect with people, there's pretty much a group for everything on there! Bird or dog groups, coffee lovers, mental health pages.

There are also forums you can turn to like this, student room, and other forms of social media can also be used to make friends or connect with people like tiktok, facebook.

If you can't get them back, you always talk to new people :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hello!
    I'm sorry to hear what's been going on!

I second what the others said, there's plenty of online communities to make friends on and connect with others!
    We will be your friend here too.

Hope you are doing ok