Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Walking the dog and getting essentials are completely different! ;) Go for it!
    I have so much hate for my body 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Mums just came round.  What a weird time and way to kill my mood 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. Now i dont want to wake up tomorrow. I hate her
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • mimimimi Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
    I feel very deflated and lost. Chat didnt help today. 
    Really feeling like shit just want to die
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Really feeling like shit just want to die
    Sending hugs
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    been actually melting at work in this heat (work is basically all glass so it's like a sauna) tempted to take my jumper off at work today, it's only me and my manager in who I trust, and she knows about my self harm cause well I had to tell her when I kept ending up in hospital through it... should I do it? I really don't want to but actually thought I was gonna pass out yesterday with the heat...
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    I am gettinng fat
    been actually melting at work in this heat (work is basically all glass so it's like a sauna) tempted to take my jumper off at work today, it's only me and my manager in who I trust, and she knows about my self harm cause well I had to tell her when I kept ending up in hospital through it... should I do it? I really don't want to but actually thought I was gonna pass out yesterday with the heat...
    Update: didn't do it and been sent home from work as the heat is affecting me as my body can't regulate its own temperature 🙃🙃 (side effect of my meds) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    edited April 2020
    Ive put on weight since lockdown:(. Scales says it. I guess its cause im not walking back and forth up the stairs to the stock room in primark aha. And because since lockdown ive been on benfits and can actually afford some food for once. And my brain is now saying to restrict but i aint going to. Just ignore it because i feel a bit more healthy like more awake
    edited April 2020
    A NHS worker who worked at recovery where i did my peer supoort training, she helped me get into the course, she passed away on the 17th 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. Seems to contracted corona and had underlying health conditions. She was young😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 Nice email about her with her picture. Soooo soo sad. 😭😭😭😭😭😭please stay safe
    Post edited by Siena on
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    4 years today since Nanna died :( god knows what she’d make of the world right now 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Tw! Mentions suicide attempt

10 years ago today I attempted suicide for the first time and ran away so no one would find me, the police were out looking for hours, but my best friend knew where I would go and she found me, don't know how I feel about this... 

Constantly mentally exhausted. Fighting my thoughts on daily basis :(
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    So tired from working at home and it is harder as i'm not given any proper work to do just training so I don't even know what i'm supposed to be doing a lot of the time yikes. But soon im meant to get more stuff and like a new project to work on.
    Struggling to breath so bad
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    I wake up not feeling well again and im made fun of again so mean 
    Im getting really anxious now. I dont suppose anyone else has a google hangout thingy at 2-4 on data research about  The Mix and Shout
    Shaunie said:
    Im getting really anxious now. I dont suppose anyone else has a google hangout thingy at 2-4 on data research about  The Mix and Shout

Nope I haven't been invited to anything like this. I hope it goes ok!
    Oh shitt hope it's genuine 
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Nope, but I'd like to join in but I've got a scheduled call with my partner and his family :(
    Feel so stressed rn
    edited April 2020
    I'm hoping today will be different and that I don't experience another episode 

I'd been in and out of dissociating the whole of yesterday... Maybe stress? I tried my best just to get with my day but it was difficult to focus. I don't work on anything, not my dissertation or my assignment

Mood is so so low and the fact I can't tell anyone whats going on is destroying me
    Clearly just being used for my money by a friend. 
    edited April 2020
    I want to scream and cry and self harm

Edited to remove method of self harm
    edited April 2020
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey @Salix_alba_2019 it sounds like you are struggling a lot at the moment and are in crisis, can I just ask if you feel safe at the moment?  <3

You mentioned Samaritans or the crisis line aren't helpful, but is there anyone who you could contact?  If you felt you were unsafe it may be a good option to present at A+E. 

If you would like to create a separate thread to talk about anything, then you are completely welcome to do so.  :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
This discussion has been closed.