Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why does he keep putting me down :(

Stars2Stars2 Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
My boyfriend shows me funny things on his phone but when I do it he keeps shrugging off similar things i show him.
He keeps trying to tell me what's in the news even though I had a panic attack with serious pain last time I tried to tell him not to mention it! As it stresses me out. He said sorry but still tries to just not as much.

Also he constantly goes on about hand washing and wearing gloves to go out but not everyone does and when I mentioned his gloves aren't very good because he reuses them and they are cloth material. He just said well that's what you've heard doesn't mean it true. 
And I've noticed he has been taking stuff of mine and doing god knows what with it. The other day he said have you added shampoo to the shopping list incase and then that night I noticed my shampoo was gone. The one he said he really liked. But still denying even though i looked everywhere.  
He also expects me to do his dinner or breakfast and stuff even though I'm exhausted some days. I said to him "I'm not your mother" 
I love him when he comes back from work after 2/3 days but then things go awry again. Not sure what to do 

Comments

• Charley7Charley7 Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    This sounds really hard for you to deal with, your boyfriend should support and listen to you. Maybe you should try to sit down and have a serious conversation with him about it, tell him how it makes you feel and listen to what he has to say too. 
    I hope things get easier for you. Relationships can be tough  <3
  • Stars2Stars2 Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    It really can be tough
    At times I think he's gonna leave me after the lockdown cause it seems like the let downs are a sign of it. 
    He said he isn't and that he loves me so much. 
    I wish he just showed it instead of taking the mic out of me. 

• coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Stars2

It sounds like you are having a difficult time at the moment and that's understandable - you deserve to be treated better than that :heart:

In any relationship worries, I always believe communication is key. You did really well explaining your feelings here, do you think you would be able to talk to your boyfriend in a similar way? Perhaps you could even show him your message on the board so he totally understands how you are feeling. 

We are always here for you if you would like to talk about anything more, you're not alone in this :) Take care 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Sit down and talk to him about this. Communication is so key, and if you're noticing these things happening, then bring it and talk about it. Definitely don't need this kind of stress given the current situation, so hoping this can be resolved soon!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    So I've had a talk with him but I just feel so angry at him. It annoys me when he wants a kiss from me or anything. Like that. Tonight I've had a drink just so I can cope with having sex with him   :/ 
    I am not used to having someone who loves me so much despite what he has been like to me. 
    Apart from how he's been acting towards me he is nice and wants to help mostly money wise yet I feel like this. 
    I hate when he kisses me good night and says love you to me soooo much. What is going on  :/ I need help 
    I feel angry just when he comes to talk to me or suggest things to do.or even help me with something. I really despise it.  :/
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    Hi @Stars2

I'm really sorry that you're struggling with your relationship at the moment. It sounds like it's been pretty difficult lately, has it been since lockdown that you've been feeling like this. If so, we have an article here about coping with lockdown:

https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/relationships/coronavirus-your-relationship-survival-guide-36117.html

How did your chat with him go? Was he understanding of how you felt or was it his reaction to your chat that has made you angry?
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    It's good to see you took the time, effort, and maturity to try and communicate with your partner about how you are feeling and how his actions effect you @Stars2. From what you've said, it seems like you are still angry about what happened. You also described feeling annoyed or angry when he tries to speak or interact with you. Can you figure out what is still making you angry?

How did your partner respond to your conversation? 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.