Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Art

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Colouring counts right? 😂 (picture not aimed at anybody on here) 😂

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    @BubblesGoesBoo That looks lovely! (The colours not the text lol) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    I've started drawing again, this Australian artist called Em Carey has started doing drawing classes on Instagram every week and I drew this from her class. Ignore my wonky circle! 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    @Aife I love the detailed patterns, it must have taken a long time to draw :open_mouth:
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    @Eyepatch thank you! Yep it took a few hours to draw but it's really relaxing drawing all the swirles and the lines! It's called Mandala drawing, I'd defo recommend watching a tutorial to learn how to do it, it's also really relaxing watching someone else draw :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    @Aife waaaaaa since when could you draw ! That is amazing 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    edited April 2020
    @Aife  I might give it ago :) I like drawing cartoons but haven’t tried pattern stuff. I agree, I like the videos where people have recorded the screen then sped It up
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Aife said:
    I've started drawing again, this Australian artist called Em Carey has started doing drawing classes on Instagram every week and I drew this from her class. Ignore my wonky circle! 

That looks really good! And relaxing to do
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Had fun making these cards for my penpals 😁 had tons of foam letter stickers and I never seem to use them so thought I could make cards with them 😂💖

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    @BubblesGoesBoo
    Those look great, I’m sure they will put a smile on the face of everyone getting one :) 
    edited April 2020
    @Eyepatch have you done any drawing recently? Would love to see it!

I've been on Instagram just browsing on people's drawing and like time frames of how they used to draw and how they draw now. It makes me so want to start to draw.
     But all i have is some Shitty poundshop pencils and paper. Don't suppose anyone knows good cheap places to get some decent stuff to try to start?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @Shaunie  I drew my profile picture recently, but I might change it 

the works is a good shop for art things, it’s not the best quality but still pretty good. Same with the range, they have paints and lots of supplies for decent prices. 

I like finding a picture I drew ages ago and drawing it again, you could try it too :) 
    Wow thats really good @Eyepatch how did you do it? Do you use an app
    @Shaunie Yeah, it’s an app called procreate it’s on ios stuff, I use it for making comic pages :) 
    Oh that's cool!

I've order paper and pencils and paint from The Works 
    @Shaunie Great! 
    Please post what you draw with them :) 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Eyepatch said:
    @Shaunie  I drew my profile picture recently, but I might change it
    Need to commission you for my next avatar, @eyepatch. ;) You're very talented.

Definitely share what you make @Shaunie. This is one of my favourite threads to check in my downtime.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    This case today and I’m so excited to use it I’m abit of a sucker for anatomy and physiology unit at college 😅

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    @Millie2787 :O that looks very cool, please share a page when you finish :D 

My works order has came!
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Did any of you see this on our Instagram? Would be interested to see if anyone has given that a go and what the results are!
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Interesting Ed. Will have a look 

I just drew this. I think its not too bad lol. Guess who it is ?

I did the heart one today - ft my amazing pencil case 😂
    edited April 2020
    Shaunie said:

I just drew this. I think its not too bad lol. Guess who it is ?

Is cara delevingne incase cant guess lol tried to do her hair but too hard so just rubbed it out and leaving it as that
    Here is my painting i have just done now ahah. A 10 year old could probably do the same but oh well ahah 

@Shaunie That’s lovely! I like that the trees in the background are more out of focus, it makes it have more depth :) 

@Aidan I cannot draw cars or planes at all, yours are good, did you use an Ink pen? 
    Ah cool picture Aidan!
    edited April 2020

Just drew this instead of going to sleep ah. Two point perscprive drawing of a house. Some youtube vid i followed. 
    This one. Put in spolier cause makes mine one look shitt 😂

@Shaunie I think you’ve done a really good job! perspective is hard :)