Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekly challenge #139

StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey folks, so for the next two weeks the challenge is 'sharing positives from the day'

Feel free to share in this thread your positives of your day heart 

Also feel free to vote for the next weekly challenge 

Stay safe everyone and take good care star
                               "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Weekly challenge #139 8 votes

De-clutter challenge
37% 3 votes
Start something new challenge
62% 5 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    positives of today 
    - I didn't fall asleep at work
    - had a much needed rant to my colleague
    - made plans to have a movie night with my nephew (virtual of course) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Positives from today:
    Got my uni assignment done
    Made a friendship bracelet
    Watched a film with my family
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Today:
    Sat out the front of my house in the sunshine.
    Watched a film.
    Managed myself in a triggering situation
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Love this challenge @Stephanie  <3

Today:

- I did some exercise (sometimes struggle to find the motivation to do it but feel much better for it)
    - Going to be clapping for the NHS tonight at 8 again, also puts a smile on my face
    - My other half of my friends birthday present arrived this morning! 
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    I am lovely all the positives so far folks :heart:

Today something that has made me smile is.... 

Moving my room around and having a clean and tidy space,

Getting to chat with you all on here 

And clapping for the NHS and all other key workers tonight at 8pm. 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

positives of today, I haven't done much but proud of the things I did manage
    - changed my bedding and mopped my floor with chamomile cleaner so hoping for a peaceful nights sleep
    - caught up on all my letters
    - received a surprise in the post
    - my flowers are sprouting! :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    This is a really nice challenge this week @Stephanie :) 

My positives of the day are:
    - It's really nice to be back on the boards again, I've missed you all <3 
    - The sunny weather over the bank holiday weekend!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Positivities of today 
    - Got a free Easter egg from M&S
    - it’s mums birthday so it’s fish and chip late lunch 
    -Tesco were so amazing during there vulnerable shopping slot today 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Positives today:
    - the weather! Soaking up that vitamin D
    - tonight I have a house party at my house, with the people I live with.
    - going for a walk along the river soon
    Positives of today
    - been more productive than normal 
    - the pharmacy has changed brands of one of my meds so it's now half the size... Yay! 
    - finally remembered to leave out the easter egg I got for the postman 😊 spread kindness like confetti 🎊🎊 yes I signed it from the cat aswell 😂

Positives for today
    - managed a small shop
    - used a hair mask
    - connecting with old friends
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    The sun and teddys cute little face!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Positives of today
    - took my prn instead of doing something destructive, had a nap and woke up feeling better :)
    - managed to battle through the thoughts and have a bit of my Easter egg
    - my house smells like bleach with the amount of cleaning I've done :lol:
    Positives-

- I'm a few days clean from sh.
    - I've sent lots of people some small gifts to help them get through this difficult time.
    - I received a really lovely letter from a friend yesterday which helped lift my mood
    - my best friend who lives in new Zealand is coming to visit once this is all over!!! I am so so excited. We plan to go around London and Brighton!
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey where can i suggest a challenge?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Today's positives
    - did some work
    - organized some clothes to donate.
    -donated to a charity