Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Well done everyone! 

i did all the dishes and got my mums teabag in her cup with the kettle on ready for when she came back from work bless her :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Had breakfast.

I never eat breakfast normally
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    edited April 2020
    Added a very lovely status update for my friends and family on WhatsApp to see. It is very important to be aware about the struggles that can be faced mentally as well as physically especially as the whole world has drastically changed just within a few weeks.

Credit to @Aife for the quote. I saw the quote on Aife's profile on this amazing website. She is an absolute legend and hopefully my family and friends will appreciate the lovely message that I left to them. Remember that you are all amazing and relevant.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I ate al my dinner 💪🏻
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Had a shower keep skipping them
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Went back to the Dr's about my infection instead of letting it get worse 😊
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Well done. Are you back on antibiotics then? Just remember that sometimes taking antibiotics when they are unnecessary can lead to an antibiotic resistant infection within the next few months. But it sounds like you really do need the antibiotics so please do not worry too much. I hope that you get better soon. <3
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    So I'm a very stubborn, stand my ground type of person, today someone said something I didn't agree with and just some unkind personal comments. I didnt react like I normally would. I just left it and moved on.
    Kinda proud I didn't stand my ground because I would of just got frustrated and argumentative.
    Yesterday I actually ate lamb which was not a lamb doner from the local takeaway. Actual lamb.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Kasa2103 said:
    Well done. Are you back on antibiotics then? Just remember that sometimes taking antibiotics when they are unnecessary can lead to an antibiotic resistant infection within the next few months. But it sounds like you really do need the antibiotics so please do not worry too much. I hope that you get better soon. <3
    Hey @Kasa2103 yeahh I am :( trust me, if you've ever tasted liquid floxacillin you would only take it when you REALLY need to... that stuff is vile :lol: but that stuff didn't work and the infection has only gotton worse so been put on another type now, praying it works.
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Kasa2103 said:
    Hey @Kasa2103 yeahh I am :( trust me, if you've ever tasted liquid floxacillin you would only take it when you REALLY need to... that stuff is vile :lol: but that stuff didn't work and the infection has only gotton worse so been put on another type now, praying it works.
    The tablet version is bad enough! It made me feel sick when I had to take it back in 2018/early 2019. The liquid probably tastes even worse. That is why I absolutely avoid liquid medicine when I can. Sorry to hear that the antibiotics did not work. I hope that the new antibiotics will work this time. <3
    edited April 2020
    Added ivy to my room. Think it looks cute
    Shaunie said:
    Added ivy to my room. Think it looks cute
     Looks nice!
    Tried something new!
    Got 11 hours of sleep.
    unfollowed the sun on facebook. Too much bad news
    Survived.
    edited May 2020
    Home alone and never home alone now so i didnt want to harm myself so i Tried to sort the front garden. None of us have ever cut the holy tree since we moved and it was literally getting as tall as the house and trappy looking so thought id do it!
    Cut the grass too. Grass is looking a bit dead now but i think it looks a lot neater and less neglected
    my hands are all cut now:( and i have hide it all behind the shed again lol

went to see my gp about embarrassing problems! Never thought i would. Pray these meds help me 
  • DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
    hoovered and tidy my room and about to get ready for the day, which I haven't in the past week cos I've not been going anywhere lol and reached my finance goal! hoping to get my course work finished as well (a week late oops) 
    Got myself outside for a walk
    Caught up on the sleep that I desperately needed. Slept for 12 hours and managed to sleep through the night.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    Life is always better after a good sleep @kasa2103, and those are some big achievements @Shaunie! Especially the thing about going to the doctor - you should def be proud of that. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Mike said:
    Life is always better after a good sleep @kasa2103, and those are some big achievements @Shaunie! Especially the thing about going to the doctor - you should def be proud of that. :)
    Especially when I don't have to worry about going to school the next day.
    Completed a course on The Mix Learning. 
    Put my New flooring down!

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Its absolutely beautiful @Shaunie I love it! 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • breadedbasebreadedbase Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Had my first session with my new therapist online, don't feel alot better but hopefully overtime I will be able Start living my life
    Managed to sort of keep my head on and not have an anxiety attack after getting a message from another service wanting to break confidentiality. 
  • DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
    Finished a big bit of course work (20 days late) but I got it done!  :3